Autor Thema: Decoder type  (Gelesen 5830 mal)

Offline Olivier

• Senior-Mitglied
Decoder type
« am: 18. Oktober 2016, 23:58:36 »
I would like to know if the decoder type which is loaded from Windigipet picture database is the correct one, for example for the locomotive Märklin 37261 Decoder type is shown Motorola 1 (14). For my old digital locomotive I get confused which decoder type I should select between Motorola 1 (14), Motorola 1 (27a), etc. Despite your explanation from page 192, I cannot really figure out which one should I choose. Is there any website which would provide me such information? Your help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Olivier
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Märklin CS3 plus / Märklin Link S88 / KPF Zeller
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Window 10 Home and Pro Edition

Offline Olivier

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Decoder type
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Oktober 2016, 16:16:54 »
Sorry to come back, nobody at Win-Digipet team could answer this question?

Thank you.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Oktober 2016, 16:47:59 »
Hello,

I don't have Märklin but I did some google for you. But I didn't get any results. So, sorry, no information from my part.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Oktober 2016, 17:02:35 »
Hi Olivier,

no idea. Thus no answer.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Oktober 2016, 23:16:13 »
I have lots of Marklin.

My view is that Motorola 1 refers to the every early edition digital decoders from the mid-1980's.  The 3665.1 from 1984 would be a good example here.. Other examples include the 49960 measurement wagon.

Motorola 2 is used for the later decoders described as high efficiency, FX and some Delta..

The 37261 was made in 1999 with a high efficiency decoder and a 5 pole motor. It is definitely a Motorola 2.

The next trick is 14, 27 or 28 speed steps.  I typically set similar locos with the high efficiency decoder and a 5 pole motor to 27 steps.

When I have some time I can post a short table of settings for various Marklin decoders (and there has been lots of these over the years)..

You can also have a chat at the marklin-users.net forum.  You will be most welcome there.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Oktober 2016, 23:24:09 von Adrian L »
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Olivier

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Oktober 2016, 11:11:45 »
Dear Adrian,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps me to have a clearer understanding of the situation and from your answer I understand these particular data is not loaded in the database we get from Win-Digipet when we load the locomotive profile. If one of this day you have the chance to share some of your locomotive database profile it would be greatly appreciated. I will go on Märklin user forum to see if this kind of information might be available.

With my best regards.

Olivier
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Thomas Hirsch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 26. Oktober 2016, 12:41:18 »
Hello Olivier,

it is not so easy to recocnize the build in Decoder Type in Märklin lOCO´S:

MM1 Decoder are for Example all 6080 Type ( in 36xx Loco´s) Delta I and II ( in 34xx ) and the 6090 Decoder for the first 5-pole Motors without sepcial Funktions f1 ... ( 37xx) .

All these Decoders have only 14 Steps! and are able to use Adresses up to 80.

next generation was the  MM2 60901 - 60905 Decoders with funktion f1-f4, they are able to use 27 Steps and were buil in all old 37xxx Loco´s. adress 1-80

The newer FX Decoders without Potentiometers are able to use 255 Adressses and most of them use 27 Steps, but noz all. For Example the 60760 Decoder has only 14 Steps.

All MFX Decoders can also MM2 with 255 Adresses and 27 Steps . (128 Steps only with MFX use).

Unfortunally Märklin left the old Number system witch showed the build in Decoder tpye.
Now you have also 37xxx with MFX Decoders.

Best regards

Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Hirsch

System :Märklin Motorola + Mfx / Centrale Fahren: Tams Mastercontrol  über RS 232 / Booster 6017 /  /CC-Schnitte für MFX Programmierung und  Magnetartikel / HSI mit 28 S88/  Intel DUAL Core 2x2500 Mhz , 2048 MB Ram  XP-prof SP III / Gleis: Märklin M- , und K-Gleis / Decoder : 6090x und MFX ,Mld,Msd &  Lopi4 / Uhlenbrock freie Zone / WD Premium Ed 2021
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WD 2021.b
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Mastercontrol  über RS 232 / Booster 6017 /  CC-Schnitte zur mfx prgrammierung und Magnetartikel / HSI mit 23 S88
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    PC - Intel DUAL Core 2x2500 Mhz / XP-prof.

Offline Olivier

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Oktober 2016, 00:12:34 »
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for these additional informations, it looks like getting the right setup in Win-Digipet for old Märklin locomotive is a little bit difficult unless you open each locomotive and are knowledgable with the type of decoder. At least with your explanation I should be able to make safer bet and identify more clearly at least certain type of decoder in my old locomotives.

Your explanations were very much appreciated.

Best regards.

Olivier
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: