Autor Thema: Loco stuck with route activated  (Gelesen 3342 mal)

Offline luc diels

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
Re: Loco stuck with route activated
« Antwort #15 am: 16. Februar 2017, 13:50:29 »
Vittorio,

it is some two years ago i had this problem, so I do not remember all the details:

But the point was that the last feedback rmk of the next route was activated by the wheel flange of the TEE after the TEE has left that feedback for its route and so the partial gave free of this route was given. So by the second contact of the feedback by the wheel flange  the route FS of the next loc was thinking that the next loc has reached the last feedback of his route and the route was not longer active and the speed of the loc put on 0 while the route was still yellow on the screen. So the loc remained in position although it has not finished his route FS.

I hope this is clarifying

Luc
Schaduwstation 1 in werking, Schaduwstation 2 in werking. hoofdpoor en nevenspoor operationeel voor hoofdtafel, scenery westheuvel kohlheim en Industriezobe west afgewerkt, de rest in progress
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.b
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Märklin K&C-rails, CS3 + 3*booster Märklin, Rosoft enViessmann S88 en Märklin L88 en S88AC, MUET turntable control MC2004, All material Märklin (100loks)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    DELL OPTIFLEX 9020 CORE I7 Quad Core, SSD 240GB, 4GB RAM, HPNVIDIA QUADRO, WINDOWS 10, DELL 27" MONITOR

Offline Vittorio

• Mitglied
« Antwort #16 am: 16. Februar 2017, 14:33:20 »
the speed of the loc put on 0 while the route was still yellow on the screen

Thank you Luc,
your case is VERY similar to mine.
And may explain why splitting the tour into two parts seems to have solved the problem (but, you probably experimented, due to this random behaviour you can be sure about the solution only after many hours without problems...)
Activation of following route in a tour happens as soon as next route becames free, while activation of new tour in TA takes sometime for the scanning of possible tours, and this could leave enought time to the preceeding loco to completely free the contact.
At least this makes sense.

I keep in mind your usefull hint.

Vittorio
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2015.2 PE
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    ESU Ecos II / ESU SwitchPilot &amp ESU Detector / Decoder: ESU &amp Zimo, Fleischmann sound, Minitrix / Rolling stock: Fleischmann, Hobbytrain, Kato, Minitrix, Piko / Track Fleischmann ex-Roco N
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7-6700 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10

Offline Vittorio

• Mitglied
« Antwort #17 am: 19. Februar 2017, 17:34:23 »
Luc,
thanks a lot again for your hint.
I replicated the flickering problem with a lamp, and the behaviour is exactly we described: route activated, but loco speed=0. If the flicker lasts a bit more, the loco reaches a speed slightly > 0 and keeps on with that speed.
Applying an off delay on the target TND, as you suggested, it solves the problem.

Since I lightened all my passengers coaches, and feed back almost all waggons, taking current by wires wrapped around axles, all my trains could be affected by flickering problems, and in fact I'm rather surprised that it happened only seldom...

Why only on the final tour of the 2 TA?
Probably because these are bottle necks and many trains stop on the second-last contact, increasing the probability to fall in this case. After these bottle necks, the circulation becames more fluid and, combined with the low probability of flickering, the problem never showed elsewhere.

Whitout your hint probably I would never thought of this explanation...

Vittorio
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Februar 2017, 10:51:28 von Vittorio »
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2015.2 PE
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    ESU Ecos II / ESU SwitchPilot &amp ESU Detector / Decoder: ESU &amp Zimo, Fleischmann sound, Minitrix / Rolling stock: Fleischmann, Hobbytrain, Kato, Minitrix, Piko / Track Fleischmann ex-Roco N
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7-6700 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10