Autor Thema: Combination of reed contacts and occupancy detectors at iVHD  (Gelesen 2111 mal)

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
Feedback management in WDP2021 makes really a big difference comparing to earlier versions.
Since I’m working on my new layout based on BiDiB, and the Intelligent Train/Vehicle Displays are fantastic in controlling trains, I’m tempted to convert my old layout into Intelligent VHD. I built the old layout in 2009, each track at the station has just one occupancy detector, each approximately 300cm long. Back on those days when there was no iTND/iVHD, I used reed contacts for precise train stopping in the front of signal. Reed contacts are installed 90cm ahead of signals, locomotive decoders were set to stop while running 80-85cm after receiving speed 0 command. So, WDP released route when both feedbacks – occupancy and reed became busy, locomotives were set to immediate stop at destination release.
Regular TND were used for both directions, so there were two reed contacts installed at each track, one for stopping in each direction. The other reed contact was used to initiate breaking. It worked well, just no other options for stopping in the middle of platform, at the beginning of platform, at other points etc.
Now, I look for the way how to implement iVHD to the old layout. Rewiring all tracks, and adding more occupancy sections means destroying all scenery.
Is there any way in which I can combine occupancy detectors and reed contacts in iVHD?
It looks like:
|---occup50---reed71---occup50---reed72---occup50---|
|----------------------300cm------------------------|
|------100cm----reed----100cm----reed----100cm------|

Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
Re: Combination of reed contacts and occupancy detectors at iVHD
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Februar 2022, 12:39:27 »
Hello Andrzej
Since you indicate that you are working with a BiDiB, I do not see the need to use reed contacts for braking and stopping. Then 1 detector with a length of 300 cm should be sufficient.
It is a pity that the reed contacts are placed 100 cm inwards. Then they could have had a function as a special detector for shunting, like coupling a locomotive to the train that is left behind.
As I understand it, the power supply of this station track consists of 1 Raildropper which is connected to the BiDiB detector, the reed contacts are and cannot be connected, as the magnet of the locomotive causes a short circuit of the system. :-[

Option;
You could create a detection section on the left and right at the beginning of the station track. That is per section, only 1 hole drilled 1 wire soldered and with the saw / grinder cut the rail. do you want a complete isolation of both the Plus or the Minus, then there is ies more work.
Leave the reed contact alone for additional functions or activation of a virtual detector.

Hopefully you will get through the rest of the winter.  :)

Added picture based on 1 detector

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Combination of reed contacts and occupancy detectors at iVHD
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Februar 2022, 20:02:49 »
No, my question is in regard of my old layout operated with ESU ECoS.

BiDiB on the new layout has no need for reed contacts.
I wish I have BiDiB on the old one, too. A problem is with with re-wiring.

Meanwhile, I've got an idea how to implement iVHD to sections with reed contacts, I just have no time to do it.
Tracks will contain virtual contacts activated by combination of occupation/magnet/direction.
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13