Autor Thema: Train slowing down (inside a tour).  (Gelesen 4386 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Train slowing down (inside a tour).
« am: 03. Oktober 2018, 10:01:23 »
Hello.

I have a strange problem...  I have tried every solution I can think of, but the "problem" remains:
I have a Tour with 5 Routes inside.  A simple Tour with only 1 column in each line.

When the train drives along this Tour, there is no other activity in the layout, no other trains running, all feedback contacts are free.  Normally the train should run from start to end without slowing down until it reaches the destination.  But it DOES slow down (to braking-speed?) when running through the second line of this Tour.  This Route is very simple, only 4 contacts: start-contact, one normal contact, braking-contact and stop-contact.

Check-contact (for next route) is the same as start-contact.  The next route IS activated as normal, but my train still slows down during this second Route.

The stop-contact is not an ITND but a normal TND.

Any ideas??? 

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
Re: Train slowing down (inside a tour).
« Antwort #1 am: 03. Oktober 2018, 18:19:24 »
Hello Per,

there's one thing that changed from version 2015 to 2018: when reaching the check contact in 2015 the train immediately changed it speed to the speed of the next start contact.

In 2018 it keeps the speed of the current route (here: your 2nd line) until it reaches the next start contact and changes the speed then. Why did we change that? Because there was often the problem that a train e.g. passes a train station. In 2015 it increased already the speed very early and if there are curves in front of the station it speeded through the curves. Not good! Now it encreases the speed when reaching the route through the station.

Does that explain what you are whatching on your layout? If yes just chose another contact as check contact.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 03. Oktober 2018, 20:45:02 »
Hello, Stefan!

Well, the first route has a start-speed of 70 at RMK 134.  It keeps the same speed through RMKs 46, 47, 56, 55.  Next is the brake-section with RMK 110 and speed 30, and the stop-section with RMK 109.  Check-RMK for next route is 46.  In this Tour, the train keeps the speed 70 through all this first route, as it should.

Next route hos only 4 RMKs.  Start is RMK 109 with speed 70.  Same speed in next RMK 111.  Next is brake-section with RMK 108 and speed 30, and the stop-section with RMK 107. Check-RMK for next route is 109.  In this Tour the train slows to 30 at RMK 108.  It speeds up to 70 again when reaching RMK 107, which is stop-section for this route, and start-section for next route of the Tour.  I do not want the speed to go down to 30 at that brake-section..

If I understand correctly, this should not happen.   I have several hundred other Tours, and no problem like this.  There must be something I am missing…?  :) What am I doing wrong?

regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 04. Oktober 2018, 09:57:38 »
Hi again.

Testing more today, I found that I have the same problem in other Tours as well.  So I need to find out what I am doing wrong…

I tried also to change the check-MRK from 109 to 111, but still the same problem.  What am I doing wrong…?

Any help…???

Regards,
Per.
« Letzte Änderung: 05. Oktober 2018, 07:37:48 von Per Olsen »
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 05. Oktober 2018, 18:40:51 »

Nobody knows ?   :)
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 05. Oktober 2018, 18:57:30 »
Hi Per,

no idea. Are you sure the brake section 108 is really defined as brake section in the route editor and not as normal track contact?

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 05. Oktober 2018, 22:31:55 »
Screen-dump...

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 07. Oktober 2018, 07:56:35 »
Hi again.

There must be something I am missing, or doing wrong.  I have spent several days (many hours) to try to figure this out.  But the problem remains.

With no solution, I will probably have to re-make many of the Tours, replacing them with (very) long Routes in stead of many shorter Routes.  I do not like that, the system with Tours is much better.  But what else can I do..?

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 07. Oktober 2018, 22:52:25 »
Hello Per,

may I have your project, please (minimum, for the forum)? I'll have a look.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 08. Oktober 2018, 08:16:41 »
Hello, Stefan!

Project is included.  I hope you will find what I am doing wrong, as I am lost.  Probably cannot see the forest for all the trees, :)

Thank you, and
best regards,
Per.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #10 am: 08. Oktober 2018, 17:29:19 »
Hello Per,

where do I find that tour and how do you start it? Manually or via automatic (which one)?
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 08. Oktober 2018, 17:43:13 »
Hello !

Well, one of the tours I have tested most, is the Tour with record no. 281 (SkC7a>Nes01).  It is the same if I start it manually, or via the automatic I called HJULRENS (a special automatic for cleaning the wheels of the trains :)  ).

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #12 am: 09. Oktober 2018, 07:19:02 »
Hi Per,

Sven and I testet your tour #281 using the simulation. I suggest you do the same. You can see that in the simulation the train runs all the way with 70 km/h without slowing down until it reaches the very end of the tour.

We think that you have a problem with the retrosignalation of your contacts. When running the same tour on your layout please use the train inspector (F7) and the logbook with the feedback activated. Please check if all of your feedback contacts work properly.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #13 am: 09. Oktober 2018, 11:26:06 »
Hello.

Thank you for trying to help me solve my problem.  I still cannot see what I am doing wrong.  The simulation does work correct. I made one log when running the simulation, and one when actual driving the train.  I have included them both with this message.  "I" cannot see what is wrong, maybe you do.

I have also tested all feedback contacts, they all work, I cannot find any faults there.

I have also made a video, but it might be too big to include here, I will try to resize it and send it in another message, if I manage to do so.

Regards,
Per.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 2 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #14 am: 09. Oktober 2018, 11:52:52 »
Hi again.

No, I am not able to resize that video all the way down to 2500kB, which is the limit here.  I filmed my monitor, showing the route in progress, and showing that the train really does go down to 30km/h when entering FB 108.  So you will just have to take my word for it, sorry…

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: