Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

Locos running at full speed, out of control

(1/7) > >>

Per Olsen:
Hello.

This may be a bit off-topic, but I really need some help for this..

As you can see, I am using the latest upgrade of WDP.  And I am using a TAMS controller.  But I do have a severe problem:  Sometimes a loco suddenly starts to move, at full speed, when it should not move at all.  Only way I can stop it, is to turn power off.

First I believed it was a decoder-problem, as it seemed to happen only with a few locos.  And the problem went away (it seemed..) when I put in new decoder.  Many times I was sure the problem was gone for good, but it keeps coming back.  And now, last time today, a loco with a sound decoder, that was parked, suddenly played one of its sounds.  And after a while it also started to move.

I am beginning to suspect:  Is it possible that the loc-controller (Tams) does not send "clean enough" data to the tracks, so that the loc-decoders sometimes mis-understand the command?  Has anybody else ever seem a similar problem?

If the TAMS controller is to be replaced, which controller should I go for?  It will (of course) be used with WinDigiPet.

Sorry for posting this here in this forum.  If you have any help for me, you may contact me directly on my email: per-olsen@online.no

Best regards,
Per.

PS: I did disable analogue mode in some of the problem-decoders, but it did not help.

Stefan Lersch:
Hello Per,

don't worry, this forum is for all kind of train problems. I also hardly suspect the analogue mode! Please check if CV 29 (DCC don't know it for MM or mfx) is set properly. Disable the analogue mode at all other  locos that have this issue.

I also have the Tams Control and none of my more than 100 locos suddenly start to roll. I think you have two different kind of problems: first the one where the locos are running at full speed --> analogue mode. Second the loco playing a sound and the starts running. Here I guess that you have a profile that was still running. A profile that wasn't finished properly before and was resumed later. Please check that, too.

Stefan Lersch:
Hi Per,

here is some more information from Eddy who asked me to translate it for you:

Hello Per,
please check CV 47 and CV 50. In these CVs you may also disable the analogue mode. Additionally please switch off Railcom at both the decoders and the Tams controller. You will find it in CV 28. Railcom can have a bad influence to the locos.

Per Olsen:
Hello Stefan !

Thank you for your replies. 

I will check again.  I did disable the analogue mode on all decoders before, but will check again.  I will also check for any profiles, but as I do not have any profiles that activate that sound, I doubt it.  But I will check again. 

Also I never used Railcom, but will check that too.  By the way, where do I find in WDP if it has been activated?  Some work for the weekend :)  Problem is of course that I never know when it happens before it is too late.  I have 74 locos on the tracks (but only max 5-6 running at each time).

Hope to solve this :)

Regards,
Per.

Stefan Lersch:
Hi Per,

you won't find Railcom in WDP because it's an option between the Tams and the decoders. I don't user Railcom neither but I have some US locos that don't run at all when Railcom is activated. So deactivate it - it only can get better.

So you have some work for the weekend. :) Have fun!

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln