Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

Macros & route release

(1/1)

Andrzej:
I have to admit, the upgrade process from WDP 2015 Pro to WDP 2018 Pro went through very smooth and quick.
The problem I’ve encountered is running routes with a macro at the end. I.e. the profile contains macro after the stop. Profiles I’ve edited for passenger trains coming to the station, have at the end macro to turn off lights, and sounds. The last element of the profile is not a stop, after the stop there a macro.
My layout was built at the era of WDP 2009, there was no Intelligent TND at this time. So to stop precisely trains in the front of signal I used both elements: track occupation and reed contact. To release the route both condition have to be met: track occupied and reed contact closed.
It worked very well until WDP 2015, and it works with WDP 2018 unless there is no macro in the profile after the stop. If there is a macro in the profile after the stop, the route is never released under WDP 2018. Although train stops correctly, just the route is not released.
Is that as it supposed to be, and do I need to reedit profiles? Or is this just a kind of malfunction?
Anyway, I plan to reedit profiles because of the new feature in 2018 dispatcher to activate train macro. I plan to use macros in dispatcher to control lights in passenger trains stopped at the station depending on night/day effect of the whole layout. That will take a little bit of time to reedit profiles.
One more observation. Searching for the cause that the routes are not released, I found out that all contacts edited as ‘momentary’ come back to the state of permanent contacts, if the condition to reset it is not specified. Perhaps it should work in this way.
Greetings,
Andrzej

Stefan Lersch:
Hello Andrzej,

the stop command has to be the very last command in a profile. So in your case replace the stop command by a v=0 (speed = 0) command. Next is your macro and then after the macro add the stop command.

Andrzej:
Hi Stefan,
In my case, the train stops properly, i.e. speed is set to 0 at the time of reaching reed contact. Meanwhile the route is not released. I have two conditions to release the route: the track occupied and closed reed contact.
It looks like the macro following stop point prevents to release the route. At the time when the macro is fully executed, reed contact is no longer closed, so conditions to release the route are not met.
In WDP2015 the route was released even the macro was not finished. It looks like in WDP2018 the route is not released until the macro is over.
Thank you,
Andrzej

Markus Herzog:
Hello,

--- Zitat von: Andrzej am 12. Juni 2018, 22:41:10 ---It looks like the macro following stop pointIt looks like in WDP2018 the route is not released until the macro is over.

--- Ende Zitat ---
That is correct. The old solution caused many problems for many customers, so this had to be changed. Maybe an contact off delay for the. FB contact of the reed contact can help.

Regards
Markus

Andrzej:
Hi Marcus,
I already deleted in profiles macros after the stop. Now, I use the new feature of WDP2018 allowing to activate train macros by dispatcher. When the specific train category occupies specific TND, and specific routes/tours are not active, then: after specific time, specific macro is activated for the train on that TND. It works well.
Thank you,
Andrzej

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln