Autor Thema: Blocks  (Gelesen 1594 mal)

Offline Juan Carlos

• Junior-Mitglied
Blocks
« am: 05. August 2018, 22:56:17 »
Hi,
I need help understanding blocks in windigipet.

In some train control programs a block  is a section of track containing at least one contact. The speed braking, stop, actions, etc. are defined in the bock properties and a block does not contain turnouts. Routes are the way for a train to go from block to block.

In windigipet the way I understand it, a route is the way from TND (train number display) to TND and the speed, brake, stop actions, etc are defined in the route index cards. A TND is assigned to a contact and a route has to have at least three contacts start, braking and destination. So my question is: What is a block in windigipet? and how it compares with a block in other programs?

A second question is related to contact numbers
If I have a 20 cm marklin C track piece converted into a contact. The contact length is 20 cm What is the purpose of assigning the same contact number to other track simbols making it longer if the actual contact is still 20cm? Is that assigning of the same number related to a block? Is the 20 cm  C track piece adapted contact a permanent or a Moment contact?

I hope that I am expressing my doubts properly and somebody can understand them.
Thank you
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2015 small version

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
Re: Blocks
« Antwort #1 am: 08. August 2018, 15:16:04 »
Dear Juan Carlos,
I am a new user with windigipet,  and i was also confused with the operation of windigipet versus iTrain versus Rail controller thats works with blocks between the turnouts.
Windigipet is working with a route between signals , the trainoperator reacts to the signals on the route ,just like windigipet do.
This is a great bennefits,  now you can use all the occupied detectors between the signals, including occupied detectors from a turnout as an example.
The TND is regulates the driving and stopping behavior of the train over a certain distance, to a full stop on the desired location, notting more than that.
If the  behavior of the train is too rough, due to a short braking distance, You have  the option of adding more
occupied detectors into the TND, from for example a serie turnout or other tracks. And that for every exsisting route.

Sorry for my poor English.
kind regards
Rupert van Swol,
Enkhuizen, The Netherlands

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Juan Carlos

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 10. August 2018, 07:12:31 »
Thank you Rupert for your response.

Do you or anybody else can help with my second question: " Is a piece of marklin C track adapted as acontact a:  "Permanent" or a "Moment" contact?
Thank you
Regards
Juan Carlos
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2015 small version

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 10. August 2018, 08:14:18 »
Hello Juan Carlos,

Permanent

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Juan Carlos

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 13. August 2018, 03:33:19 »
Thank you Markus
Regards
Juan Carlos
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2015 small version