Autor Thema: Piko smart-decoder ?  (Gelesen 2339 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Piko smart-decoder ?
« am: 18. Oktober 2023, 11:59:13 »
Hello.

This may be off-topic, but maybe somebody knows and can help...

My son bought a Piko Vectron loco with a so-called Smart Decoder, that can run both MFX and DCC.  We want to run it in DCC, so we disabled MFX (set CV 12 to 223) and with the Tams controller it now works in DCC.  So I also put the loco in the WDP, with same format (DCC 28).

But now strange things happen...  When I turn lights on/off in WDP, the direction of travel changes in the loco.

Any idea what we can do to fix this?

Reghards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: Piko smart-decoder ?
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Oktober 2023, 23:51:33 »
Hi Per,

absolutly no idea. How does the decoder react when you change to DCC128? Does this light thing only happen with WDP? Sure that no other loco in WDP uses the same address.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Piko smart-decoder ?
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Oktober 2023, 07:57:40 »
Hello Markus.

Yes, it was very strange.  I changed both to DCC 128, and all the other possible changes to the decoder.  I re-started WDP and also the PC several times.  No other locos with the same adress. 

My son got a tip from somebody to change CV 29 from 2 to 6 (I was not at home at that time).  He phoned me and told me that now it works!  I never use 6 (allow loco to run directly on AC), so I told him to remove 4 from CV 29 again.  He did, and still it works correct.  He tried several times, turned off/on both WDP and PC, and said it still worked ok.  He is going to test more today (I am not home agin untill tuesday).

Whatever caused this, I do not know.  I have never seen anything like this before.  But now it is OK, hope it stays that way :)

Best regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.