Autor Thema: computer which is too weak?  (Gelesen 2999 mal)

Offline Uzi Zadikov

• Mitglied
computer which is too weak?
« am: 23. Juni 2005, 20:49:49 »
Hi!
I am using Windigipet using A,K method (I am not using time schedule mode yet). I am operating between 13-17 trains in parallel. From to time, a train starts its way, and then stops without apparent reason! After extensive checks I found out that I had electrical noise that caused false feedbacks. I have added filters that reduced that noise almost completely. However the problem still exists (lot less frequent, but it still happens).

Could this be a result of a computer which is too weak? My computer has Pentium 3 450Mhz and 256MB of RAM. Sometimes when switching between screens (train screens) the picture takes long time to redraw itself, this caused me to suspect that I have a problem of not having enough memory.

A second question is whether you have a clue when Windigipet would be able to resume a train "Way" that was interrupted because of another locomotive using the same path, and that train would not remain stuck on the track after it is clear?

Thanks
 Uzi

Offline Dietloff

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: computer which is too weak?
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Juni 2005, 07:20:16 »
Hi Uzi,

In Antwort auf:
 From to time, a train starts its way, and then stops without apparent reason!  

As you mentioned in your mail, this was caused by faulty feedback contacts. Another probable reason could be if you have some routes which are not configured properly.
To get a grip on this I recommend to check the AK-Inspector, 'cause he will tell you WHY the Loc has stopped.

For using 13-17 trains in parallel I recommend to get a more state-of-the-art PC. Your PC is not powerful enough.
Something around 2GHz or faster with 512MB-RAM (Win-XP) would suit much more convenient for your huge system.

In Antwort auf:
 ...when Windigipet would be able to resume a train "Way" that was interrupted because of another locomotive using the same path...

WDP V9.0 contains this (and many more) features.
The German version is already released and the International version will be released in Q4 this year.

Regards

Rüdiger