Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

Train stops for no reason

(1/2) > >>

Per Olsen:
Hello.
It has happened once before, and happened again right now:  A train stops in the middle of a route, for no obvious  reason.  I cannot understand why (look at the encosed picture).  I see nothing wrong.  And if I turn up the speed on the Tams controller, the train starts to run again at the speed I set in the Tams, and once it arrives at a section where the speed should change (like brake), the train runs normally, within the route, after that.
I would very much like to know WHY the train stops, I see nothing wrong.  There IS power to the train, the lights are on, and it starts to move when I set a speed with the Tams.
Any idea?

Regards,
Per.

Per Olsen:
Picture of the Tams when train has stopped

Markus Herzog:
Hi Per,

in 99% of this cases this is caused by a wrong feedback contact signal. Please activate the feedback contact logging the logbook.

Regards
Markus

Rupert van Swol:
Hello Per,

--- Zitat von: Per Olsen am 10. November 2023, 10:53:21 --- And if I turn up the speed on the Tams controller, the train starts to run again at the speed I set in the Tams

--- Ende Zitat ---

Hello Per it looks more like a system and or locomotive decoder related problem.

If you increase the speed on the Tams , it is not that the voltage on the track goes up. It remains constant.

With your Tams controller you send a DCC command to the decoder and it outputs a higher voltage to the motor.
I would still check the train running if it happens in the same place every time ( feedback indicator ) . is the track droppers still tight , is there a dirty track.

My Zimo decoder gives information about the DCC signal quality to the local Railcom detector .
That already gives a clear location where the signal is less . see Attach:

Another possibility is that the decoder got hot and therimically shut down. due to so-called BUS Spike.
Solution https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/new-bus-suppressors-terminators-2-pack/

But a UPS on the decoder can also prevent a lot of annoyance.

kind regards,
Rupert

Per Olsen:
Thanks for replies!

Markus:  Does that mean one RMK within the actual route? 

Rupert:  It has happened with 3 different locomotives.  So I think it is not a decoder problem..
Yes, I do know the voltage is constant, etc :)  The loco does have contact with the rail (no dirt on the tracks). 

It has now happened 3 times.  With 3 locomotives, on different places, but (I think :) ) within the same route.  Might be a feedback problem in that particular route?  I will try to check more.

Best regards,
Per.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln