Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

Decoder-problem.

(1/4) > >>

Per Olsen:
Hello.

This may be a bit off topic, but I try anyway:
We have a Marklin loco 37371 with which I removed the original decoder and put in an ESU LokPilot 5 decoder.  All is wired correctly.

Problem is, it runs very un-even, especially in direction Forward.  I tried all the listed CV-settings in the manual fr Marklin locos, but it does not get better.  I also tried the automatic settings, no luck.  Also a complete reset, no luck.

I am sure the problem is some CV value(s).  It did run OK with the old original decoder

Anybody?

Regards,
Per Olsen.

Per Olsen:
Hello.

Just an update:
It appears that it did NOT run OK with the old decoder after all... 

I have now tried some different decoders, the result is the same (so it does not seem to be a decoder problem after all...) and I even replaced the motor with a new 5-pole motor (same as original).  I checked all transmission, and all runs freely.  I am scratching my head on this :)

The speed varies a lot (jerks).  Most in direction forward, but also some in direction backwards.

Regards,
Per

Adrian L:
With these Marklin locos, I have seen many odd things..

Other things to check..

1. The slider - strange as it sounds a slider can cause direction specific problems.
2. Running gear.. With the rotor and magnet off the motor make sure that the running gear is free and not too loose.. You can get worn gears that will jump out of place - especially when changing direction of travel.
3. Dirty wheels..
4. Brush springs have enough tension..

Per Olsen:
Hello !

Thank you for your respons.

1:  I exchanged it for a new one, did not help.
2:  As mentioned, I did exchange the entire motor, and at the same time checked all running gear.  They all run very freely in both directions.  The loco looks as it has never been used, it is bought second-hand but looks completely new.  No wear and tear, and no dirt or dust anywhere, like it has never been used at all...
3:  No visual dirt or wear on the wheels.  But I did clean them anyway, to be 100% sure :)
4:  As the entire motor was exchanged with a complete new one..

To me it looks like the load-depending feature of the decoder(s) is in some way confused, so it gives more/less power to the engine, in the wrong places.  But I cannot see why…

Regards,
Per.

Ralf Krapp:
Hello Per,
did you ever try to reset the Decoder? I had sometimes such a Problem, that the decoder did nit work properly.
So I reset it and in most cases the functions have been ok. Did you use the automatic information to set the motor specific values? First step: set CV 50 to zero, then quit the programming status and press f1. The loco will run a distance of nearly 1 1/2 meter and then stop. After this procedure the loco should run quite good.
I hope you will have a good success.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln