Autor Thema: Truncated Text in Englished Edition of Pro X.3  (Gelesen 2790 mal)

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
Truncated Text in Englished Edition of Pro X.3
« am: 04. Januar 2008, 05:43:10 »
As a follow on from the previous message I have found three items where the text has been truncated.  I suspect that this has happened because the space required for the original German text label is smaller that the spaced needed for the same term in English.

The first one is on the Solenoid device Link-Manager window that is part of the Track Designer module.  You can see, circled in red, in the file truc2.jpg attached that there is supposed to be some text under the words Solenoid devices within.

Also this window highlights the selected item, but when the <All> button is pressed no items are highlighted, but if you click in the list area of the window you can see all the items momentarily highlighted..  Not a big issue, but the lack of feedback to show that all the items were selected makes you think that the button does not work.

Cheers

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Truncated Text in Englished Edition of Pro X.3
« Antwort #1 am: 04. Januar 2008, 05:47:53 »
The second truncated text item is in the list locomotives window of the Locomotive Database manager module.  I believe that this problem is in other windows, that use the "as push button" text, but I can't find them at the moment.  Please see the attached file trunc1.jpg.

Most of the other truncated text issues are fixed by simply maximising the window.  For example, the text "searching by" and "contains" are shown fully when the List Locomotives window is maximised.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
« Letzte Änderung: 04. Januar 2008, 05:49:41 von Adrian L »
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 04. Januar 2008, 05:52:30 »
The last item is not truncated text, but a typographical error (typo in English slang) and I think that it was also there in version 9.  In the drop down Help menu of the Main application window, the "Print Projct Status" should be "Print Project Status".  Please see the attached file typo1.jpg.

Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 05. Januar 2008, 00:33:26 »
One more item is some truncated text in a window that can't be resized by the user.  This window is accessed by pressing the WDP button in the locomotive control window.  Like the others, this is a minor problem. The file truc3.jpg is attached..

Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 05. Januar 2008, 07:19:19 »
The three aspect signal property window within the track design module includes some truncated text.  Please see trunc4.jpg attached.

Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Peterlin

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
    • www.windigipet.de
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Januar 2008, 11:29:52 »
Hello Adrian,

thanks for your work to control the english text.

I 'll correct this in our source code immediatelly.

Sorry for the late answer, but I'm a little busy with the carneval at Cologne.

best regards
Schöne Grüße aus Hürth
Peter Peterlin