Autor Thema: ESU eCOS Update 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 (June 2010)  (Gelesen 4370 mal)

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
ESU eCOS Update 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 (June 2010)
« am: 01. Juni 2010, 11:08:12 »
I understand from the marklin-users.net forum that Windigipet may not work if I update my eCOS to the latest version.  Is this correct? What problem does it cause?

Thanks
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Juni 2010, 10:04:18 von Adrian L »
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline supermoee

• Senior-Mitglied
  • ch
Re: ESU eCOS Update 3.2.0
« Antwort #1 am: 01. Juni 2010, 11:18:02 »
Hello Adrian,

the transfer of loc- and functionsymbols from/to the central is not working correctly. 

http://www.windigipet.de/foren/index.php?topic=63426.msg108065#new

rgds

Stephan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c PE
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Märklin K-Gleis Anlage 25qm mit 220m Gleis, Märklin CS3 mit 2.4.1, 2 Booster 60174
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7 920  mit 3 Gb RAM, Win10 Home

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 01. Juni 2010, 13:34:59 »
Thanks Stephan...

The Babel Fish translation of the link needs lots of work -

"Very honoured Win Digipet user for the ECoS 1, ECoS 2 and the CS 1 Reloaded by ESU the update 3.2.0 was published yesterday. Thus now the problem results after first tests for the users of all above mentioned centers that with this firmware from the current Win Digipet version no more locomotive/function symbols can be transferred into those or from the center on the part of the program. This suggested itself in the last days due to user messages the ECoS concerning 2, since this was already probably in the firmware the ECoS 1/CS1RL somewhat ahead. Therefore we inquired with ESU. ESU modified - like us today then communicated - interface minutes in these points. According to recent findings the driving/scolding and reporting enterprise are affected by it however in keinster way. We received changed interface minutes from ESU this evening. After first sifting now extensive adjustments at the 2009er version of Win Digipet are necessary (it will not give updates of the ProX), which will flow into the next Win Digipet update. And will first times not designate we know a schedule in addition since up-to-date still no update was planned and us the whole also something " kalt" got."

I am fascinated by the phase "According to recent findings the driving/scolding and reporting enterprise are affected by it"..

Cheers
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #3 am: 01. Juni 2010, 15:58:13 »
Hi Adrian,

yes, it really needs a lot of work, especially when it drops the most important word in a phrase
Zitat
According to recent findings the driving/scolding and reporting enterprise are affected by it however in keinster way.
It didn't translate "keinster". It means "absolutly not". So it's not affected.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Hwnel

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Aloha from Hawaii
« Antwort #4 am: 02. Juni 2010, 00:47:17 »
Here's my attempt at a translation...hope it makes a little more sense.

Dear Win-Digipet User,

The update 3.2.0 is available since yesterday for ECoS 1, ECoS 2, and CS 1 Reloaded from ESU.

First tests identify a problem with these controllers that the firmware of these controllers and the current Win-Digipet Version do not transfer the locomotive and function symbols to or from each other.  EcoS 2 users have identified this in the last few days. The firmware was probably updated since the ECoS 1/CS 1 Reloaded.   We inquired with ESU if that was the case.

ESU informed us today that the Interface-Protocol was modified with these points.  According to recent findings, the driving, switching and feedback are in no way affected.

We received the modified Interface-Protocol from ESU this evening.  At first glance, there are major adjustments necessary in the 2009 version of Win-Digipet that will be incorporated in the next update. (There will be no updates for the ProX version)  A timetable for the update will not be given, as there was no update planned and this new circumstance surprised us.

Aloha,

Elliott
Layout:
WDP 2015.2, Märklin HO K-Gleise, CS2 4.1.2(3), CS1 2.0.4, 3x 60174 Booster, 13x 60880 s88 on L88 Bus 3, DSD 2010 Sven Brandt decoder, Märklin rolling stock

Computer:
Dell Studio 15, Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium

Offline Tom Blikstad

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: Norwegen (15 km west von Oslo) Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen
    • norskmjforum.no/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3461
« Antwort #5 am: 02. Juni 2010, 06:10:40 »
Hello Mr. Peterlin.

It is a pity for every user of ECoS that we have to deal with these errors for a long time.

I see there will bee no update of ProX but did you consider a small one ?

I understand it was a surprice for everybody ...........
« Letzte Änderung: 02. Juni 2010, 08:47:42 von Tom Blikstad »
Grüsse
Tom Blikstad
-------------------------------------------------
TRAFO/BOOSTER: Heller 2x7,5 A, ESU ECoS + MA-decoder: Viessmann 5291 + RM-decoder: Gerd Boll,WinDigipet 9.1 + WinTrack 8, Märklin K-Gleise: 182 m, 93 Weichen + 12 Kreuzungen

Offline Peterlin

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
    • www.windigipet.de
« Antwort #6 am: 02. Juni 2010, 11:20:00 »
Hello Mr. Blikstad,

sorry, but there will not be an update for the old Pro X version.  You can use Win-Digipet and ECoS  further more but you can not transfer the locomotive and function symbols to or from each other.

We are now working on the update 2009.3b to solve the problem coming with the new update 3.2.0 of the ECoS protocoll.

best regards

P.Peterlin
Schöne Grüße aus Hürth
Peter Peterlin

Offline Tom Blikstad

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: Norwegen (15 km west von Oslo) Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen
    • norskmjforum.no/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3461
« Antwort #7 am: 02. Juni 2010, 11:58:10 »
Thank you, that is even better.
Grüsse
Tom Blikstad
-------------------------------------------------
TRAFO/BOOSTER: Heller 2x7,5 A, ESU ECoS + MA-decoder: Viessmann 5291 + RM-decoder: Gerd Boll,WinDigipet 9.1 + WinTrack 8, Märklin K-Gleise: 182 m, 93 Weichen + 12 Kreuzungen

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 02. Juni 2010, 12:28:29 »
Here's my attempt at a translation...hope it makes a little more sense.

... According to recent findings, the driving, switching and feedback are in no way affected....

Thanks Elliott.. Now "driving/scolding and reporting enterprise" makes much more sense...  In short, it says that you will have no problems as long as you do not add any new locos..

It also explains why there will be no Pro X update - Pro X never transferred mFx data from the eCOS to WDP (or even recognised mFx locos - even after the eCOS updates to support mFx)... To apply the "fix" to Pro-X would be a major effort that would in effect provide the 2009 version's functionality...  Personally, the improvement moving from Pro-x to 2009 was more than worth the upgrade cost - after I got over the shock of losing the automatic demand contact functionality...

In short - if you have an eCOS and are using mFx locos, then get cracking with your order for the 2009 upgrade... You won't be disappointed.. But don't upgrade the eCOS to 3.2.0 until Peter gets the "fix" ready for us..

Cheers
Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Juni 2010, 09:58:26 »
It looks like 3.2.1 was released today (3.2.0 was removed) and there is mention of changes to the PC interface.. Does this mean that there is no longer a problem using WDP?
Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Juni 2010, 10:02:50 »
Hello Adrian,

No, the problem concerning the function symbol transfer already exist. There were some programs who weren´t even able to startup due to the interface changes. This has now been changed by ESU.

We are currently working on this issue, but there has a lof testing to be done.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: ESU eCOS Update 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 (June 2010)
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Juni 2010, 10:05:53 »
Thanks for the fast response Markus.. I guess I will have to wait a little longer before I update the eCOS.

Cheers
Adrian
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: