Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

ReadyStop and configuration of the WDP

(1/2) > >>

Andrzej:
Recently, I added ReadyStop (BiDiB) to the ReadyBooster for emergency stopping. In the basic configuration it affects only this one specific booster. I try to find out, how to configure WDP to make a stop on all boosters. Any tips?

From the ReadyStop manual:
1) local booster switch-off (default):
When the emergency stop button is pressed, the booster is switched off or switched on again. The switch-off only affects the connected booster locally. Other boosters on the BiDiBus are not affected by pressing the emergency stop button!
2) global booster shutdown:
When the emergency stop button is pressed, a stop request is sent to the host (control program).
The connected control program then triggers a booster shutdown on all connected boosters. Depending on the program, different behaviors can be defined in the settings: e.g. send speed step 0 instead of booster OFF or prevent restarting by emergency stop button.

Rupert van Swol:
Hello Andrzej,
That's not rocket science to get that done. :)
Choose a magnet item and assign it a virtual address.
In the dispatcher, create an unconditional instruction.
Something like , If button XX is active , turns off BidiB  booster (A to Z) .

Besides that, you can also have a system message posted on the screen when the action is in effect . Not because you have to, but because it is possible.

Good luck
Rupert

Andrzej:
Rupert, thank you for your advice. But, I'm looking for the way, how to make a use of a button on the ReadyStop under WDP2021 software.
I have ReadyStop modules connected to two different ReadyBoost modules. In default configuration, ReadyStop affects only single booster (ReadyBoost). Other option is to send the message to the control software (WDP in my case), and the software communicates with other boosters on the layout.
Perhaps in spite that the ReadyStop is a new product, WDP is not yet reading it's messages.
More about ReadyStop https://www.fichtelbahn.de/readyboost_readystop.html
Thank you.

Rupert van Swol:

Hello Andrzej,
I also had a BidiB system two years ago. I do still have in operation the IF2 and the Stepcontrol for the turntable.
From the looks of it, it is nothing but a remote Emergency Stop , the same emergency button as on the IF2 . It intervenes directly on the BidiB bus. Windigipet monitors the BidiB interface . If you want to have an additional POP up on the screen then you can create a text field.
In the dispatcher, there are three status options Active , Go , Stop
I think "stop" covers it.
( the other two were for info ) 

Otherwise wait until Christmas for the Update , I read on the Fichtelbahn website  :)

kind regards
Rupert

Andrzej:
Rupert, I use the GBMBoost, but there is not much difference, because condition options for the digital system in the WDP dispatcher are the same. For the GBMBoost I also have choices of 'inactive', 'active', 'stop', and 'go'.
For the booster, in my case the ReadyBoost, there are only choices 'switched off', and 'turned on' in the WDP dispatcher conditions.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln