Autor Thema: Locomotive fails to run  (Gelesen 2055 mal)

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
Locomotive fails to run
« am: 24. April 2021, 03:22:24 »
I have a General Purpose Diesel Hydraulic Locomotive 3374 (original) DB 216 that I have upgraded with a 60760 (Motor) and 60972 (Decoder) which I have been running successfully on Windigipet Small for several months. I recently upgraded WDP to 2018 Premium without problems (several weeks) with the running of the layout.
I am controlling the layout via a Intellibox (IB) 650 which also has been recently upgraded from 1.001 to 2.01 Software.
The 3374 Locomotive (One of my best runners), decided to not run any more – either via WDP or via the IB in isolation.  The direction lights (F0) do not turn on in either direction or respond to Motor Controls.
I have a separate “Programing Track” on the IB that I use for Programing or Reading the locomotives.  Placing the locomotive on the Programing track, I am able, using the WDP loco Decoder Utility or IB Controller to be able to read the full CV’s configuration  into WDP.  I am also able to write to the decoder – e.g via CV to change the Locomotive ID Address. However, I am not able to control the locomotive from IB (Isolated from WDP) or via WDP through the RS232 cable to the IB.
As the decoder (60972) supports Analog as an Alternative Format to drive the locomotive – I am able to operate the Locomotive Forward / Reverse together with the forward and Reverse Lights .
I have tried resetting the decoder (to factory defaults) via CV 8 and re-programing the previous CV parameters – however the Locomotive still fails to run digitally either via the IB or through WDP.
I have approx. 20 locomotives which I have upgraded with 60972 (decoders) and high propulsion (motors) which are running without problems on the same layout so I am perplexed why the decoder responds to all read/write commands and the motor and lights (via decoder) respond in Analogue mode.

I would appreciate any ideas what the problem could be and how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Andy Stacey
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    IB Controller.  Approx. 20 Trains. Marklin
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Locomotive fails to run
« Antwort #1 am: 25. April 2021, 04:48:29 »
What about digital formats decoder is set to respond? I'm not a Maerklin person, but that's the only thing it comes to my mind to check. With full reset of decoder also digital signal formats should be back in default, but who knows? Worthy to check.
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13