Autor Thema: Hidden Yard Control – cars with RailCom  (Gelesen 2388 mal)

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
Hidden Yard Control – cars with RailCom
« am: 30. Oktober 2019, 20:22:55 »
Some of the coaches in passenger trains are equipped with RailCom capable decoders. When the train in the hidden yard occupied two ITND, it happened that the train jumped from the ITND in the front to the ITND on the rear. Of course, both ITND were occupied - draining current from tracks by locomotive and cars. And both – locomotive and cars were sending own digital addresses via RailCom. WDP treats all of them as one train. But having train jumped from the front ITND to the rear ITND prevents it from departure.
I turned off RailCom functionality in cars, letting only the locomotive to report own digital address. And the problem was resolved. Is there any way to mark the priority of loc address over other addresses in the train?
Digital system: BiDiB, decoders in coaches Tams FD-R Extended and ESU LokPilot Fx V4.0
Greetings,
Andrzej
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: Hidden Yard Control – cars with RailCom
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Oktober 2019, 23:57:32 »
Hello Andrzej,

unfortunaly there is no such function. It would also be quite difficult to include such a function, because then we would lose the functionality to detect a train which has a Railcom equiped control cab coach (while driving with this coach as head of the train) when entering a i(TND).
The second problem is, that the lapse of time of Railcom reporting. Sometimes a dector will first report the locomotive and the other one the coaches. And in 50% of the time a coach will be reported first (case 1 locomotive, 1 coach).

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 01. November 2019, 16:44:54 »
Hi Marcus,
Thank you for your answer. But what if there is a push-pull train with the locomotive in the back, and no other RailCom reporting decoders in a train than the one in the locomotive? And the train occupies two ITND in the hidden yard? It can result with the same effect. Perhaps could be some other feature to prevent displaying the train number on the rear ITND?
Greetings,
Andrzej
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 01. November 2019, 23:58:17 »
Hello Andrzej,

I am thinking already the hole day about a solution. But it is quite complicated. I can not promise when/if we will be able to present a solution.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 02. November 2019, 03:30:53 »
Hi Marcus,
Neither I have any idea about not too complicated solution.
Perhaps something what doesn’t allow ITND with remaining cars of the train, to accept and display train number coming from RailCom.
Perhaps something in the train composition to check which locs/cars RailCom reports affect the whole train.
The second would be good for another reason. It happened on the regular ITND (not hidden yard), that the train changed own direction. Some decoder in the car reported opposite direction than locomotive was heading.
Thanks,
Andrzej
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13