Autor Thema: position of turnouts using feedback  (Gelesen 1558 mal)

Offline beano

• Junior-Mitglied
position of turnouts using feedback
« am: 14. April 2020, 04:53:11 »
Good evening;
i have version 9. I am using S88 feedback for all of my turnouts. I can use the feedback to change the appearance of track objects but i cant get the turnout to show it's true position based on the feedback. The commands are in german and i cant seem to figure it out. Wish i could show the true position.

I Would also like to change track objects appearance to show the alternate route,. ie. I can turn track red when the feedback is positive but cant turn the other route red when the feedback is not present,. I am thinking i could only do this if i use feedback for both positions. would be nice if i could do it the first way.

please help., thanks

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: position of turnouts using feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 15. April 2020, 00:35:46 »
Hello,

Do you really have version 9.x or 2009.x

Regarding your first issue there could be a chance in 2009 using the dispatcher and/or switch position monitoring depending on you needs. With 9.x no chance

I do not understood the real intention of your second question. Maybe you could explain it with others words.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline beano

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 15. April 2020, 03:36:39 »
yes Markus , you are correct 2009 Prem. I have wired the outputs to my switch motors through a DPDT switch to reverse the signal. This allows me semi-auto selection of the tortoise motors at the layout. (Works very nicely).

I wired in one position of the switch motor (turnout divert position) to an S88 feedback. I was hoping that this would be the position that WDP shows on the screen for the turnout. Instead, the turnout only toggles and is not dependent on the feedback (This is my main problem) I have tried entering the information for feedback on the position monitoring section of solenoid activation in track editor but cant seem to get it to work, i don't understand the notation. If the turnout position followed the feedback, i can toggle the DPDT switch and the turnout should follow. It does not.

To compensate for this, i made the track segments follow the feedback. This works, although i wish i could use the "not present " of the feedback to colour the other route. :). However, If i could figure out how to change the turnout properly, this would just be a nice to have.

thanks for your very fast response.
Andy
PS. Is there an English version of the benefits video for 2018? I would love to see if the graphics have improved in 2018.

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 15. April 2020, 23:18:53 »
Hello beano,

I wired in one position of the switch motor (turnout divert position) to an S88 feedback. I was hoping that this would be the position that WDP shows on the screen for the turnout. Instead, the turnout only toggles and is not dependent on the feedback (This is my main problem) I have tried entering the information for feedback on the position monitoring section of solenoid activation in track editor but cant seem to get it to work, i don't understand the notation. If the turnout position followed the feedback, i can toggle the DPDT switch and the turnout should follow. It does not.
The position monitoring in the solenoid device setups is just meant for controlling the state of a turnout within a route after it has been switched by the program: "Reached the turnout the commanded state?"
If you want to change the turnout´s state on the screen depending on your position feedback contact state you could create a dispatcher record in the programm with a condition using the feedback contact and as action for condition fulfilled turnout state 1 and for not fulfilled turnout state 2.
But this only sensful when making manual external turnout switching.

PS. Is there an English version of the benefits video for 2018? I would love to see if the graphics have improved in 2018.
No, unfortunaly it always an extrem task to create the english manual translation. We are a small company and we have no capacity to produce videos in foreign languages. But if you just want to see the graphics...the graphics are always the same independent of the spoken language.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7