Autor Thema: WinDigiPet 2018.2c -Small Edition Software - Unable to backup to Networked Drive  (Gelesen 2013 mal)

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
All,

New Member on the DigiPet Forum - started with Digipet some 30+ years ago on MSDOS :-).  Now re-kindling the desire to control Marklin trains Digitally.  Started back with the Demo software and have had no problems with backup to Network drives up until my purchase of the WinDigipet Small Edition software.
I can backup to local hard drives but backing up to a Networked Server causes a Run-time Error '6' .

If I load project up into the Demo Software it allows me to backup to a networked drive - so problem seems to be with the Small Edition Software - in my opinion.

Running Windows 10 Pro version 1809

Screen capture attached   

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    IB Controller.  Approx. 20 Trains. Marklin
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Hello Casand,

please uncheck one after the other of the data type to be backuped. Maybe there is one data type or with one of the files.
Can you find some problematic data type selection. Maybe when can then continue research.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response.  I tried your suggestion to limit the data components to see if that isolates a particular data component to cause the run-time error.
The run -time error occurs regardless of the number and type of data component selected.  For example the run-time error occurs when selecting the following independent backup scenarios:
  1. Basic Data
  2. Vehicle Database
  3. No selection at all

I also tried different length paths to networked drive with the same result. (see attached screen captures)

Backup to local drive works without problem.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 3 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    IB Controller.  Approx. 20 Trains. Marklin
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10