Autor Thema: Problems after upgrading to 2018.2d  (Gelesen 2550 mal)

Offline Steveh61

• Junior-Mitglied
Problems after upgrading to 2018.2d
« am: 09. Mai 2021, 12:39:38 »
Hi there,

I have just upgraded from premium version 2018.2c to the new version 2018.2d.I now have a problem, as I was running 3 digital systems consisting of 1 x marklin CS3 and 2 x faller PC control modules 161351 units.  (yes I require 2 x Faller PC Modules, 1 on com port 3 and the second on com port 4)) Under version 2018.2c all units worked fine. Now with version 2018.2d the second Faller PC control module no longer responds.
Can you please direct me to where I can find 2018. 2c (premium version) as I need to back out  and downgrade back to version 2018.2c as it was working fine. I am guessing that there might be a bug in the latest release.?
Regards Steve
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Version 2018

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: Problems after upgrading to 2018.2d
« Antwort #1 am: 09. Mai 2021, 16:20:09 »
Hi Steve,

you can find it here:
https://www.windigipet.de/foren/index.php?action=downloadWDP;sa=dl;id=wdup_2018_2

But I don´t think these will help, two reasons:
1. The addressed loconet program has not been changed between 2018.2c and 2018.2d
2. A bug would normally effect both interfaces if they use the same digital system selection in the system settings.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Steveh61

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Mai 2021, 11:59:11 »
Thanks Markus,
I try and down grade first and see what happens.
I keep you posted if I fine anything.!
many Thanks
Steve
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Version 2018

Offline Steveh61

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Mai 2021, 12:28:10 »
Hi Markus, Yes you are correct there is no difference between versions. What I have discovered is the WDP software seems to get the comm ports mixed up. I have configured one 161351 to comm 3 and the other to use comm 4. WDP will work, some of the time.! WDP sometimes assigned comm 4 to the Faller unit configured to use comm 3. Which is the reason why the Grundmodules stop responding. I also get a WDP message saying comm 3 is not support, but I know it does.!!  It seem that each time I restart WDP software it becomes a hit of miss that the correct comms port match the correct  161351 Grundmodul configuration.
The only way I could get my system back was to delete both faller modules out of the digital setup. Then reprogram them back one at a time. My system is working ok at the moment , but I suspect if I have to restart that the system for any reason then it is likely WDP will become confused again.!
For your information my second faller 161351 has only just been added into my layout, up to that point I only had 1 unit and it worked every time.
Any ideas .?
Many Thanks
Steve
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Version 2018

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Mai 2021, 20:53:13 »
Hello Steve,

the problem is many within the current Windows driver for this modules or the modules itself.

Sometimes developers of such modules to not take into account, that a user might use more than of these modules at the same time.

There are several ways to distinguish two modules for Windows and then afterwards assigning always the same port to each of them:
1. Serial number of the modules. And this oftena problem. Many products have for all modules the same serial number, then the system can only distinguish them by
2. pyhsical connected port of Windows (Windows numbers internal the ports)

And option 2 is sometime also a problem, because especially after Windows updates etc. Windows might reorder this ports and then changes the port numbering/Com numbering.
From Win-Digipet we have no chance to solve this.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7