Autor Thema: MFX+ problem..  (Gelesen 2343 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
MFX+ problem..
« am: 15. Dezember 2019, 07:05:49 »
Hello!

Yesterday I received a new loco, the Marklin NSB EL 18 with MFX+ (at.no.39466).  My controller is a TAMS Master Control, upgraded to version 2.2.1 (the newest available with m3/MFX).  I never had any problems with MFX decoders with WDP, but now I have…

This loco is pre-programmed with adr 03 in DCC-operation, and adr 46 in MM-operation.  Running alone (PC and WDP turned off) on the tracks, it does work in DCC (03) and MM II (46).

When I start WDP, it will no longer run, neither in DCC nor MM.  And when I define the loco in WDP and declare it is MFX, it does not work either.  As long as WDP runs, I cannot make the loco run at all.  Only when WDP is turned off, I can again use it in DCC or MM.  (I do reset the TAMS between each change in adr from 03 to 46).

I think I understand that as long as WDP does not run, the TAMS does not send any MFX signals to the tracks until I tap in any loco address that is declared as MFX.  As soon as I tap in another address of a loco that is MFX, my new loco again stops working.  So I think that also is the reason why my now loco stops working also when I start WDP, as I already have several locos with MFX in my WDP.

So the problem seems to me to be that the loco changes to MFX (the manual says it will always choose MFX if MFX is available in the track) and that there is a problem with the MFX programming in the loc.  Using the m3-programming in the TAMS, on a programming track, I tried to change the MFX address to 1046 (the same way I have done with all my other MFX locos).  The display on the TAMS says:
M3 address
1  0x00000000
For a loooong time.  At the end, it says:
m3 address fault

I tried many different addresses, but the same happens.

So I am a “little” distressed now.  Can anybody give me an advice, what to do?  Could the decoder actually be faulty?  As it is now, I cannot run it (at all) in WDP.

As this is kind of a Christmas present to myself, I really want it to work with WDP!   :) :)

Best regards,
Per

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: MFX+ problem..
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Dezember 2019, 14:14:49 »
Hello Per,

it´s a "so called feature" of the MFX protocol, that as soon as MFX (for any loco) is seen on the track a MFX loco will stop responsding to all other procotols.
And as soon as WDP starts all locos in WDP are intialized and this means: MFX is on the track.

You say that the m3 programming with the Tams MC fails.

Then you have to possibilities:
1. Open locomotive, remove decoder, place the decoder on a decoder test stand, connect the decoder test stand to the MC and try the m3-programming again, solved the problem for many users, but you need to open the loco....
2. place loco on programming track, turn off the MC, wait a minute, turn it on again, read CV50, should be value 15; now programm the value 4 (only DCC/MM) or 7 (DCC/MM+analog) to CV50; this will disable MFX protocol; now program a DCC address to CV1 (short) or CV 17/18 (long); and from now on control this locomotive via DCC128; I made this also for some locos; works perfect for the current decoder generation of Maerklin

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Dezember 2019, 15:26:20 »
Hello!

Thank you, Markus.

1:  I have no problem to open the loco, but I do not have a decoder test stand.  Sorry…
2:  I can try this.  I did it once before, but CV50 gave 29, which should be abnormal?  What may I risk if I program it to 4 or 7?

With using it only on DCC, I may loose some of the extra functions ?

Regards,
Per.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Dezember 2019, 15:32:21 »
Hello,

Risk?
I don’t know. I took the values from the manual in the Märklin homepage.

Losing functions?
Has the loco more than F28?
Using DCC you can use up to F28

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Dezember 2019, 15:34:24 »
Hi again.

OK, I will try!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Dezember 2019, 20:15:39 »
Hello again.

I checked CV 50, it had a value of 29.  According to the manual, the max value is 15.
Anyway, I changed it to 4, and now it works OK, as far as I can see :)  so now I use it in DCC, no problem so far.

Thank you for your help.

Best regard,
Per.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 18:20:33 »
Hi again.

Well, it did not last long…  After a while, the train stops, and will not restart until I lift the loco off the tracks, and put it back.  So it needs to be removed from power, and next put back.  I guess I have a faulty decoder…

I did try a full reset of the decoder, but the same happened again after a while.

So I will talk to the seller of the locomotive, to have it checked or replaced.

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Matthias Schäfer

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: Rheinkilometer 644, auf der richtigen Seite Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen de
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 18:49:55 »
Hi Per,

I had the same problem with the Märklin 37099 (still guarantee). I sent it back to my dealer, who forwarded it to Märklin.

I received the loco back from Märklin with the Märklin information "no malfunction found".
Problem not solved.

I took a small video of what happened, sent it with the loco to my dealer -> Märklin, after a while the loco came back to me with the information of Märklin, that the decoder was changed.

Now it's ok. Sometimes the client has to be insistent.
So you might be taken more seriously when attaching a video :( :( :(
vielen Dank und herzliche Grüße aus Bonn, Matthias

Alle sagten immer: "Das geht nicht." Bis einer kam, der das nicht wußte.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP Premium Edition 2021.2.25
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Märklin K-Gleis, TAMS Version 2.2.3, Vierfach-Booster Battermann, CC-Schnitte mit Mobile Station nur zum Programmieren, LDT Rückmeldemodule mit Optokoppler,  LDT MA-Decoder mit sep. Spannungsversorgung
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel Core i3-2100 3,1 GHz, 8 GB, 64 Bit, Windows 10 prof., Samsung Tablet SM-T555, Android 7.1.1

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 21:59:43 »
Hello Matthias!

Thank you, I will do the same.  I am waiting for a response from my dealer, I think he will ask me to send the loco to him.  I will try to make a video also, that may be a good idea.

Thank you again

Regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 19. Dezember 2019, 07:48:14 »
Hello again.

The loco has now been sent back to the dealer.  I included a description and a video to show the problem.  So I hope it will be fixed or replaced.

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Matthias Schäfer

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: Rheinkilometer 644, auf der richtigen Seite Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen de
« Antwort #10 am: 19. Dezember 2019, 08:03:41 »
Hi,

Keep us informed, thanks
vielen Dank und herzliche Grüße aus Bonn, Matthias

Alle sagten immer: "Das geht nicht." Bis einer kam, der das nicht wußte.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP Premium Edition 2021.2.25
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Märklin K-Gleis, TAMS Version 2.2.3, Vierfach-Booster Battermann, CC-Schnitte mit Mobile Station nur zum Programmieren, LDT Rückmeldemodule mit Optokoppler,  LDT MA-Decoder mit sep. Spannungsversorgung
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel Core i3-2100 3,1 GHz, 8 GB, 64 Bit, Windows 10 prof., Samsung Tablet SM-T555, Android 7.1.1

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 15. April 2020, 17:07:01 »
Hello.

It has been close to 4 months since I sent the loco to be repaired.  I was told that it could be still a long time, so the seller offered to send me a new loco (same type).  It arrived a few days ago.  I disabled MFX and run it only in DCC, and it has been working with no problems.  So far :)   Problem solved, I think :)

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: