Autor Thema: Intellibox and random S88 reports.  (Gelesen 11687 mal)

Offline Dietloff

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Intellibox and random S88 reports.
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Oktober 2003, 15:30:13 »
Hi Wim,

OK, for the "active" mode to control locs the S88-modules are tracked by the xEvent to use it efficient and less bus-stressing.

Outside WDP, within the Track-Editor the S88-Test-Monitor "polls" the S88-contacts (according to P50-protocol) to give the user the opportunity to either check his contacts or analyse mismatches on his layout (e.g. bad contact, wrong wiring, electr. influence, etc.).
This is not time critical, because nothing else happens on his layout (no further loc commands gets send).

But as described in my previous posting, even with 27 S88-modules connected to the IB, the test we have carried out was successful.
As far as I understood, you experienced trouble with equal or more than 21 modules (within the S88-test-mode in the Track Editor)?

Regards

Rüdiger

Offline RoSoft

• Junior-Mitglied
    • www.people.zeelandnet.nl/rosoft
Re: Intellibox and random S88 reports.
« Antwort #16 am: 24. Oktober 2003, 12:27:44 »
Dear All,

Als antwoord op:

Outside WDP, within the Track-Editor the S88-Test-Monitor "polls" the S88-contacts (according to P50-protocol) to give the user the opportunity to either check his contacts or analyse mismatches on his layout (e.g. bad contact, wrong wiring, electr. influence, etc.).
This is not time critical, because nothing else happens on his layout (no further loc commands gets send).

I disagree with this point of view. The P50 command itself is very time critical, and this is also the cause of the trouble.
What would you see else if you use P50 instead of XEvent? I believe nothing. So why stress the IB with this way of reading the S88-bus.

I have allready said there is no way the S88 string is knowing how many modules are connected. In that respect it doesn't matter how many modules are realy attached. This is one way to test the string for misbehaiviour. So connect one or two modules, tell WDP there are 21 or more modules present and you will see the misbehaviour if you just close one or more contacts. Also if you are connect 21 or more this is the case. This is done with two different systems and with four different computers. The occupied contact is jumpimg across the screen, in this way, if contact one is closed on the first module then the screen is showing
1 - closed
1- open, 17 - closed
1- open, 33 - closed
ect.
The only thing whats right is the module contact which is closed, allways in this case the first contact.
I hope this helps.

With kind regards, Wim