Autor Thema: Train stops for no reason  (Gelesen 1583 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Train stops for no reason
« am: 10. November 2023, 10:53:21 »
Hello.
It has happened once before, and happened again right now:  A train stops in the middle of a route, for no obvious  reason.  I cannot understand why (look at the encosed picture).  I see nothing wrong.  And if I turn up the speed on the Tams controller, the train starts to run again at the speed I set in the Tams, and once it arrives at a section where the speed should change (like brake), the train runs normally, within the route, after that.
I would very much like to know WHY the train stops, I see nothing wrong.  There IS power to the train, the lights are on, and it starts to move when I set a speed with the Tams.
Any idea?

Regards,
Per.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Train stops for no reason
« Antwort #1 am: 10. November 2023, 10:54:22 »
Picture of the Tams when train has stopped

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 10. November 2023, 13:57:34 »
Hi Per,

in 99% of this cases this is caused by a wrong feedback contact signal. Please activate the feedback contact logging the logbook.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
« Antwort #3 am: 10. November 2023, 14:17:32 »
Hello Per,

And if I turn up the speed on the Tams controller, the train starts to run again at the speed I set in the Tams

Hello Per it looks more like a system and or locomotive decoder related problem.

If you increase the speed on the Tams , it is not that the voltage on the track goes up. It remains constant.

With your Tams controller you send a DCC command to the decoder and it outputs a higher voltage to the motor.
I would still check the train running if it happens in the same place every time ( feedback indicator ) . is the track droppers still tight , is there a dirty track.

My Zimo decoder gives information about the DCC signal quality to the local Railcom detector .
That already gives a clear location where the signal is less . see Attach:

Another possibility is that the decoder got hot and therimically shut down. due to so-called BUS Spike.
Solution https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/new-bus-suppressors-terminators-2-pack/

But a UPS on the decoder can also prevent a lot of annoyance.

kind regards,
Rupert

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 11. November 2023, 06:44:38 »
Thanks for replies!

Markus:  Does that mean one RMK within the actual route? 

Rupert:  It has happened with 3 different locomotives.  So I think it is not a decoder problem..
Yes, I do know the voltage is constant, etc :)  The loco does have contact with the rail (no dirt on the tracks). 

It has now happened 3 times.  With 3 locomotives, on different places, but (I think :) ) within the same route.  Might be a feedback problem in that particular route?  I will try to check more.

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 11. November 2023, 08:27:42 »
Did some more testing now...
Markus:  Do you mean a faulty RMK within the actual route?  I did some testing by making several RMKs within the active route, occupied, by setting a wagon on the track,  This had no effect on the trains, they kept moving (and would have crashed with the wagon if I did not remove it again :)  ).
I will test more later this evening...

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #6 am: 11. November 2023, 12:23:03 »
Hi Per,

very often the feedback contacts don't work properly. In that case an occupied contact won't be released it visa versa. That happens e.g. when the contact has minimal contact to the next one. In that case the route is not released properly and the faulty contact is still in the memory of WDP. If now a second train runs the same route the situation you described may occur.

That's the reason why Markus wrote you should check the log because there you can see it.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 11. November 2023, 18:04:01 »
I am sorry, I never used the logbook.  Where do I activate it?
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
« Antwort #8 am: 12. November 2023, 17:27:20 »
Per it,s alway,s at ON

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 12. November 2023, 20:40:08 »
Hello!

FOUND IT!  It was actually a mistake in a profile!  After a slow exit from a station, the speed is increased to standard running speed.  But instead, it was wrongly put to 0 rather than 70.

Sorry, my mistake.  But I finally found it!

Best regards,
Per Olsen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: