Autor Thema: Feedback bus-cable lenght?  (Gelesen 1308 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Feedback bus-cable lenght?
« am: 11. November 2011, 08:29:51 »
Hello.

I am planning a new, bigger, layout.  In my old layout, I have all S88 decoders placed together close to the Tams controller.  Works very fine.

On my new layout, I will need many more feedbacks, and much longer cables/wires.  From the point where the controller is placed, I may have as much as 10m distance (cable/wire distance) to the most remote feedbacks.  I am considering several options:

1:  All S88 modules still placed in the centre, and long (as much as 10m) wires to each feedback from there.  All well seperated from the other wirings.  Disadvantage:  Very many very long wires.....  Will it even work with so long lines?

2:  All S88 modules placed in a chain with some bus-cable length between them.  Disadvantage:  I may need shielded bus-cables?  And how long can these cables be?

3:  All S88 modules placed in 3 groups with 3 long bus-cables.  Disadvantage?  Probably need shielded bus-cables.  And how long may each be?

I am planning (thinking..?) to use Littfinski Highs Speed High-Speed Interface.  There are both COM-port and USB-versions available.  Is there a speed-advantage with the USB-version?  It is more expensive, and cannot be bought as a kit..

Best regard,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.