Autor Thema: Intellibox, Marklin Control unit: Is 0 always 0 ?  (Gelesen 2315 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Intellibox, Marklin Control unit: Is 0 always 0 ?
« am: 26. Januar 2008, 17:37:03 »
Hello !

A bit cryptic subject, I know.  Let me explain:

On Intellibox and also Marklin Control Unit, there are 4 connectors for power IN to the box, and power OUT to the tracks.  Power IN is yellow and brown, also called L and 0.  Power OUT to the tracks is brown and red, also called 0 and B.

Question:  Are the two 0 (brown) identical?  I need to know, as I need to connect some extra equipment to the layout, that must have the same 0 (brown) as the tracks, and also a connection to 16VAC.  So if the two 0's are identical, I can in fact connect that extra equipment directly to brown and yellow at the transformer.  Is that correct?

If the two 0's are identical, a connection between them will not damage anything?

Need to know..

From earlier experience, I want to be sure BEFORE I try the connection....

Best regards,
Per,
Bergen, Norway.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Torsten Junge

• Senior-Mitglied
  • !!!
    • Meine Homepage
Re: Intellibox, Marklin Control unit: Is 0 always 0 ?
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Januar 2008, 19:48:55 »
Hello Per,

Question:  Are the two 0 (brown) identical?  I need to know, as I need to connect some extra equipment to the layout, that must have the same 0 (brown) as the tracks, and also a connection to 16VAC.  So if the two 0's are identical, I can in fact connect that extra equipment directly to brown and yellow at the transformer.  Is that correct?

Yes, it is identical, by Intellibox and Control Unit. This is not Identical by Central Station.

Best regards from Hamburg
Torsten Junge

Grüße aus Hamburg
Torsten Junge

Homepage: https://bw.tj-net.de/
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    8 bis 2021.2.25 (2021.2d)
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams (SW 2.2.3) zum Fahren nur MM-,m3-Format, TAMS (64RM) CS3(60226) SW 2.4.0 zur Steuerung der MA, CS3 (464RM)
    HSI-88 Seriell: 496RM Rückmelder mit Diodentrick, 12 KC25 - Booster, 182 Weichen, 168 Signale, Mä-C-K-Gleise 556 Meter, DSD 2010, Mä-Schiebebühne 72941, SBD von Gerd Boll. BiDiB, Zeus: 432RM Rückmelder mit Diodentrick, Light@Night 4.1
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Prozessor, 3,6 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win10 Pro(64bit),
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, 2 Monitore a`48"quotquotquotquotquotquot , Aktualisiert:17.03.24

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Intellibox, Marklin Control unit: Is 0 always 0 ?
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Januar 2008, 20:29:08 »
Hello !

Thank you !  I expected this to be correct, but you never know..  So now I can safely connect my equipment.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.