Autor Thema: Delay in Tour Automatic  (Gelesen 6947 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Delay in Tour Automatic
« am: 22. April 2021, 10:53:03 »
Hello!

I have a question:  During Tour Automatic operation, there are long delays from the end of one tour to the start of the next.  Could this be because I have a lot of active tours in the tour automatic?  I just wonder..

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Delay in Tour Automatic
« Antwort #1 am: 01. Mai 2021, 14:04:55 »
Anyone, any idea?

Regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 04. Mai 2021, 02:47:25 »
I have a small layout and there is a slight pause as each tour ends and then restarts.  When the layout is busy I have noticed that the pause seems slightly longer.  In this case the train will stop at the end of the tour.  So, your theory about having lots of tours in a tour automatic makes sense to me.
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 04. Mai 2021, 07:18:36 »
Hello Adrian!

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, it would be natural that the delay will increase as the layout grows :) .  But in my case, I think I might be doing something wrong, something to increase the delay too much.

The layout is medium/big size, with many lines in tour automatic, dispatcher etc.  I still think I have too long delays.  Example:  When I have only 1 train on the layout (as I do have now, as I am in process of re-building the layout), after the train has run one tour, and waiting for the next to start, the delay can be 1 minute or more.  I think that is too much, so I believe I have done a mistake somewhere.  But I cannot find it :)

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
« Antwort #4 am: 05. Mai 2021, 10:43:45 »
Hello Per,
Difficult to answer, because there is no track file present. :(

I see a lot of Dutch WDP users not using the "Tour editor".
They mainly use the "Tour automatic editor", with a lot of rules coming from the " route editour " to make a tour in the " tour automatic editor ".

It is better to create a complex route with fallback possibilities in the "Tour editor" and then place it in the "tour automatic editor".
That way, 1 line is enough.  :)

See if this reduces the perceived delay.

Kind Regards
Rupert
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 05. Mai 2021, 10:59:47 »
Hello, Rupert!

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I already have made the routes as complete as possible, but I still need many lines in the Tour automatic, and also in the Dispatcher.

I will still try to simplify even more :)

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 09. Mai 2021, 08:31:34 »
Hello again.

I tested today:  I had only 1 train running.  From when it stopped in a station, till it started again, could vary, but up to 80sec.  Is this OK, in my setup?  I think it is frustrating long.  :)   

Is there a good answer to why the delays are so long?  Do I have too many routes, to big dispatcher, or what?  Any idea?

By the way, everything works fine, except for the delays :)

Regards,
Per

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 09. Mai 2021, 09:38:44 »
Good morning, Per Olsen

I have download,  and looked at your track plan.
What I do by default is to use the default error check.

I was a bit shocked by the amount of small errors.
The good news is that they can be fixed very quickly by using the film camera symbol.
The errors at the bottom of the red one are very serious, also they need to be fixed.

First start with the errors that contain a blue exclamation mark.
The ZFA route ID 94 and ID 124 apparently no longer exist, remove or re-enter these.

Kind regards,

Rupert

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 2 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 09. Mai 2021, 10:51:27 »
Hello.

Oh, yes, I do know the error-checking routine very well, I use it extensively :) 

Well, all the infos and warnings are not important.  I have tested this before, and in my special layout I will get these warnings and infos, but they are just infos and warnings, they do not create any problems. 

As for the last 7 errors, they are actually already fixed, (I did a mistake by sending the file created before they were fixed) but they made no difference.

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 09. Mai 2021, 12:06:06 »
Hello Per,

I have been doing some further searching and do come across some things.
As an example I took the route ID 449 and from the track plan the INZF ( train number display ) HYLin1v ( C457 ).
HyLin1V is not configured for two directions, the direction is from North to Souh.

Order of the occupancy detectors in the Train number display. 

The rule is that with a horizontal train number display, the track busy indicators are entered clockwise from Left to Right (West to East) and with a vertical train number display from Top to Bottom (North to South) regardless of the direction of entry of the train.

Here I see that this is not applied. see screen pictures.
In the route ( ID 449 ) the train number display is attached to C8, C9 and C10.
C8 is the start and C10 the end of the train number display.
In the train number dispaly the sequence is , C10>C9>C8
is easy to fix . But this does not come up in error Check .

I have, however, put this statement to a WDP expert " Jan Stienstra " .
The statement is correct,  with a Train number Display it is obliged,  to follow the order of the route OC detector. So you stand as a driver looking forward,  and you must follow the OC detector order.
If they are not right, then WDP will search forever for the missing OC detector, and finally it will jump to the next one. In this case C11.

time to Lunch   :)

regards,
Rupert

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #10 am: 09. Mai 2021, 13:54:25 »
Hello!

OK, thank you.  I did know this (the order of contacts from north to south), but I obviously have made the mistake to put them in the order of travel (which seems more logical).  I will go through all, and fix them now.  This will be the first step :)

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 09. Mai 2021, 14:52:42 »
Hello Per,
Hello Per,
If you are using this train number display for two-way traffic, then you need to tick that.
Occupancy marker rule remains in force from left to right clockwise so also from north to south .

rupert

• Win-Digipet-Version:
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #12 am: 09. Mai 2021, 16:24:20 »
Hi guys,

the stated rule:
Zitat
The rule is that with a horizontal train number display, the track busy indicators are entered clockwise from Left to Right (West to East) and with a vertical train number display from Top to Bottom (North to South) regardless of the direction of entry of the train.
is only correct for train number display where the two direction check mark is set.

If it is a one way train number display then the registration has to be done in order of traveling. And then this train number display may only be used in this direction/order.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #13 am: 09. Mai 2021, 18:34:30 »
Thank you, Markus!

I just have changed ALL, and got some more trouble!  I also came to the conclusion that the direction is only for 2-way displays.  So in fact, they were all correct before.  Well, I will have to change them back again :) 

I guess it is correct in the manual  ;D

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #14 am: 09. Mai 2021, 18:42:06 »
Rupert:
No, the one you see, HYLin1v, is not used for 2-way traffic
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: