Autor Thema: Problems with Coupling Route - "Unprocessed section contact 1 will be skipped!"  (Gelesen 2802 mal)

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
All,

I am just embarking / starting out on enabling Coupling and De-Coupling on my WinDigipet Layout.  Lot's of information in WinDigipet Manual(s) and within the Forum.

I have had this error before "Unprocessed section contact 1 will be skipped!" where the locomotive continues to run on it's route.  This usually has been fixed by finding a (RMK) contact out of order / place within the route, however I am unable to trace the error in this case.

I have attached a pdf file which provides screen captures of the problem which I hope enables you to follow the problem.

NOTE: This is my first attempt within WinDigipet to carry out Routes with Coupling and Un-Coupling maneuver's.
All of my previously created routes run without problems on the layout - even routes between the same two iTND that I am having problems resolving the issue.
The Decoupling maneuver (with ID:0 Profile) works (in the main) without Windigipet problems.  De-Couplers (Telex and Track Solenoid -2197 ) together with Wagon Couplers - present their own set of problems (mechanical and electronic) - in order to achieve 100% success with Coupling and Un-Coupling Maneuvers.

My De-Coupling Route(s) + Profile  (ID:0) to carry out the solenoid separation (2197) of the wagons from locomotive (train) work.

However when I setup the Coupling Route for a new locomotive to "pick-up" the wagons - I receive an immediate warning pop-up window and an entry within the logbook (see attached pdf for excerpt of logbook).

I have outlined in the attached pdf the layout of the iTND and the routes and would be very appreciative if any members can point me to resolving his error.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional data to assist.

Thanks and Best Regards

Andy

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    IB Controller.  Approx. 20 Trains. Marklin
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
All,

Thought some to try and simply the reproduction of problem and reduced the Coupling Route to just 4 (four) Feedback Contacts.  The problem still exists with "Unprocessed section contact 1 will be skipped!" and Locomotive running on un-abated.
I have an exact same route that runs without problem the only difference is the route that has the problem is a coupling route.

PDF file of the route and Logbook error attached.

Thoughts / Help workarounds would definitely be welcome as I seem to be unable to carry out a Coupling / Un-Coupling maneuver using this advanced Routing feature in WinDigipet.

Best Regards

Andy

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
Hello Andy,
I have just translated the Dutch shunting document on a quick and dirty way.
I apologize if some sentences do not flow well.
But it shows all facets of how you can shunt.

I have a shunting layout and use a lot of profiles and feedbacks to get a nice shunting face on the layout.

Are there any questions, feel free to ask.
Also uploading your track plan to the forum won't hurt.  :)
greetings
Rupert

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
Hi Rupert,

Thanks for posting the article in English - I appreciate it, I am sure it will go a long way in my quest to successfully Couple and Un-Couple using WinDigiPet.

Will keep you informed if I resolve the Un-Coupling Route problem that I have posted.

Best Regards

Andy
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
Update on Coupling Route Problems ....

Thanks to Rupert for providing his English translated "Automatic Train Composition with Win-Digipet" by Jürgen Gräbner.

After reading through the document and inspecting the example WDP project provided, I was able to fix the "Unprocessed section contact 1 will be skipped!" problem I was experiencing by creating and linking a new Profile "Profile 1" (ID:0) and assigning it at the time of Route execution.

Thanks once again to Rupert for proving the missing link to my knowledge.

Regards

Andy

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
Hello Rupert,

That is an awesome and very useful document.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Kind regards,
Adrian
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Casand

• Junior-Mitglied
  • us
Hi Rupert,

Thank so so much for posting the translated "Tipps und Tricks Automatische Zugzusammenstellung_NL en-US" document it has helped me so much to make great strides with Un-Coupling and De-Coupling.

I have a quick question for you if you do not mind answering or pointing me to another source of info ....

I have a De-Coupling Route - works fine - The Locomotive is detached from the train and the Wagons are left on the Feedback Couplers next to the Un-Coupler.

I have a Coupling Route, together with a profile which does the following .....

1. Takes the Coupling Locomotive past the uncoupling track and re-couples the Train with Wagons.
2. Changes Direction and returns above the de-coupler track with a Stop (last command in Profile).

The challenge I have is:

1. the Train Wagons are left in direction of the leaving train.
2.  The returning locomotive stops at an Intelligent Train Number Contact. (after going through the profile direction change described above).
3. The challenge now is that the Locomotive direction is opposite to the Wagons that the Locomotive left
4.  The Intelligent Train Number Field shows the direction of the locomotive as what was prescribed from the returning Route.
5.  However the locomotive's direction is the opposite of the Routes direction due to the reverse command in profile to ensure the coupling of the Wagons and alignment to the De-Coupler.

The net net is that I cannot fully automate the next train maneuver, without carrying out a "Change Train Direction" Command.  to obtain the Train Composition all arrow flowing in same direction.

The Couple Route is set to "Couple Wagons".

Hope that makes sense - I can send pictures (screen captures) and  copies of the profile used.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Andy Stacey
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d Premium Edition
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10

Offline Rupert van Swol

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Model trains? it's a life time journey
Hello Andy,
I find it difficult to make a representation from the sentences given.
It does not include whether the locomotive is coupled behind the train and the Lok is pushing the train.
So the locomotive here could be moving forward or moving backward and the cars could even be moving in the opposite direction,
It is important to know from a group of wagons what the 1st wagon is and what the last wagon is. Then the direction of travel of the group of wagons must be known.  You see shunting is quite complex.
A picture with some arrows attached helps a lot.

Even better is a layout plan so I can tinker a bit. :)

In the profile it is advisable to reverse the direction of the train (i.e. wagon and locomotive together) and then uncouple the locomotive in the new direction.

With a coupling route the locomotive arrives, stops and couples. then the carriages take over the direction of travel of the one to be coupled. Here too in the profile first turn and then start the new route.

But please send the track plan with the situation already prepared.  I am happy to help.

Greetings Rupert
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    Win-Digipet-Version: 2021.1.13
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    2-Leiter, Lodi Rektor; 3x Lodi Booster; Lodi LX  S882.+ 8x Lodi GBM8v2, Lodi S88 CM + 2x Lodi RM16+; Lodi Shift +8x DW-DC+4x 16-SD-DFL, Lodi Con
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    IntelNUC8i7HVK /32GB Ram /Radeon™ RX Vega M GH /Windows 11 Profi edition