Autor Thema: RF-Basis feedback & FeedCar position  (Gelesen 2377 mal)

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
RF-Basis feedback & FeedCar position
« am: 20. Februar 2020, 03:53:44 »
In the recent WDP update (2018.2c) there is available a new feature to receive position reports sent from OpenCar decoders to RF-Basis.
Where can I find more details, how to configure WDP to make a use of that kind of feedback & position reporting?
Under the WDP general settings the feedback inputs from RF-Basis can be configured as:
-   Track m. 1 to Track m. 16. I suppose this option is provided in a case when GBM16T is connected to RF-Basis
-   Port m. 1 to Port m. 512
-   Pos.-M 1 to Pos.-M 8192
I tried all of them, and WDP didn’t activate corresponding fields. Using BiDiB Wizard, I can see updates on received reports from OpenCar decoders triggered by the FeedCar. So, I think there is an issue of correct settings under WDP.

Another question. How the feedback reports from RF-Basis can be utilized under the WDP? Is this just a feedback active/inactive, or is the number of the car visible, too? If visible, what symbol in WDP should be used to display the car number? The same as for the trains (TND) or any special for the streets?

Greetings,
Andrzej
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: RF-Basis feedback & FeedCar position
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Februar 2020, 17:44:12 »
Hello Andrzej,

Until now we have few experience with the Position feedback.

Try the following:
-for test purposes: open the logbook in WDP an press the button with the small track symbol, when this acivated you can seed the position feedback messages in the Logbook
-when you know the position number of the detector from the logbook (or the BiDiB wizard), you can calculate the corresponding Module number, position number 1..8 is position module number 1, 9..16 is position module number 2 and so on
-register the used position module number in the system settings in the same way as a normal feedback module
-now you can use the via the system settings generated internal feedback number with normal TND, for seeing the car number just activate the normal train detection on the corresponding index card of the TND settings dialog
-for occupation of this block you need to use the momentary contact functionaliy within the feedback contact assignment in the track diagram, the position decoder just sends a short "I was there occupation message" und thus you need to define it as momentary contact and switch it off later using a second contact

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Februar 2020, 18:00:37 »
Hi Markus,
I will test it, but which one should be used in general feedback settings?
-   Port m. 1 to Port m. 512
or
-   Pos.-M 1 to Pos.-M 8192
thanks,
Andrzej
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Februar 2020, 18:31:45 »
Hello Andrzej,

Pos. Like position...

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Andrzej

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Februar 2020, 04:10:02 »
I think, it could be useful for other users to share my notes after testing feedback position from OpenCar system.

To operate WDP with feedback position originated by the FeedCar/RF-Basis the following are necessary:

1.   FeedCar module set in mode 2 or 3. Position address needs to be set in the module in a range of 0-8191. Position markers collected by RF-Basis, are available under WDP as Pos.-M 1-8192.
   Nota bene:
a.   BiDiB uses binary numbers reflected as 0-7, WDP shows it as 1-8.
b.   Limited number of position markers in WDP: 8192 instead of 32768. It never should be a problem. Just good to mention: FeedCar address needs to be set in a range of 0-8191, even it allows to be programmed in a range of 0-32767.

2.   Car equipped with OpenCar decoder ver. 3 or higher.
OpenCar decoder receiving position mark emitted by the FeedCar (via infrared LED) reports it immediately (via 2,4MHz radio signal) to the RF-Basis.

3.   General WDP settings – add Feedback Modules. Device: RF-Basis. From Module: Pos.M. 1; To Module: Pos.M. 1 (max. 8192)

4.   Car Settings at the WDP. Edit vehicle – Maintenance/Detection: Train number recognition – yes – “BiDiB-Interface Railcom Detector”.

5.   Open Track diagram editor. Create a ‘Train label display’ on a street. Edit feedback contact as momentary and switch it off using another contact.

6.   Close track diagram editor. Open TND Properties, and click on recognition tab, choose the “BiDiB-Interface Railcom Detector”.

If there are any issues with finding the number of feedback contact, look at the Markus post below.
In my case, I assigned first 32 contacts from RF-Basis, i.e. Pos.M. 1 to Pos.M. 4. Starting with module 44 in WDP. The numbers of contacts in WDP appear from 345 to 376. But FeedCar number 1 activates 346 (look at my comment 1.a.)

Greetings,
Andrzej

P.S. Markus, again great thanks for this new feature!
Andrzej
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.2c Premium Eng
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    DCC; BiDiB
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Win10Pro, iPhone 13