Autor Thema: Again: Train starts and runs at full speed, out of control!  (Gelesen 2985 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Again: Train starts and runs at full speed, out of control!
« am: 16. Dezember 2019, 22:26:42 »
Hello.

You might have seen my earlier posts on this problem.  I have had this problem a long time, and many times I was sure I had fixed it.  But it keeps coming back.  I am using a TAMS controller, all train-decoders have been disabled for analogue control, etc.  You may see in my earlier messages here in this forum.

Anyway.   It happened again today.  And luckily, I had my son with me as it happened (me and my son own this layout together) this time. 

No trains were running.  No automatic or anything else was active.  I did have one loc-control open on the screen.  My son and I were discussing a total different matter, when all of a sudden, we both saw the loc-control suddenly advanced the speed of the loco from zero to full speed!  I looked down at the TAMS, and it also advanced from zero to full speed.  I had to stop it by pressing the red STOP button before I had an accident!

I do not like to say this, but it seems to me that this MUST be something the WDP is doing on its own?  Have I mis-configured something to make this happen?  What else could it be?  It certainly cannot me a decoder-problem, which I used to think.  And it cannot be the TAMS that gave the full speed, because if it was, the display on the screen would not show the increased speed from the TAMS (this we checked later).

Now I am afraid to start my layout again.  I do not want to have more crashes like this.

And, I must say, this problem can come 2-3 times a day, or it can go weeks between each time.  It happened 2 times today (the first time I did not happen to look at the loc-control), and it has been a few months since last time.  So very irregular..

What can I do?  I must have this fixed now,  I cannot continue with this big problem.  Please help!!   :) :)

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: Again: Train starts and runs at full speed, out of control!
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 22:44:38 »
Hello Per,

is there always the  loco control of the loco affected open?
Maybe a defect at the End Button on the keyboard (this sets a loco control to max speed)

Other possibilities are of course dispatcher task which call loco macros (I hope you don´t do such things...).

Another idea: open train inspector (F7 window) and monitor if there are still commands visible even if all routes have been released.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 23:13:52 »
Hello Markus!

I did not touch the keyboard, it could of course maybe malfunction anyway..  No, the loco control of the affected loco is normally not open, so I have not seen this before.  The first incident earlier today, the loco control of the loco running wild, was not open.  It was just "luck" that it was open on the last incident. 

I did not know that the end button would put it to full speed (I probably should have known..?).  But can that happen, also to locos with not open loco control?

No, I do not have any dispatcher task that calls any loco macros.

I can try the F7 window next time.  If I dare to restart WDP, that is....  But also, in this case today, I had not run any automatics, no routes, nothing, since I started the PC.  So there should be nothing left that would show up in F7, I think..?

Regards,
Per.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 23:19:43 »
Hello Per,

Zitat
But can that happen, also to locos with not open loco control?
Absolutely no.

Zitat
can try the F7 window next time.  If I dare to restart WDP, that is....  But also, in this case today, I had not run any automatics, no routes, nothing, since I started the PC.  So there should be nothing left that would show up in F7, I think..?
That´s correct. Remaining parts could there only be from former routes etc.

Then I have absolutely no idea.

Maybe you upload a backup to the forum so when can take a look at your data.

But to be honest: no idea, the only know cases are the one if mentoined in my first post.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Dezember 2019, 23:20:34 »
P.S: You did also not use the app before? And you use no joystick with WDP? Are there other throttles or components like the SniffControl connected to the EasyNet of the Tams?
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Dezember 2019, 00:50:23 »
Hello again.

No, I use no app.  No, I use no joystick.  I have a hand-control connected to the EasyNet from the TAMS.  Should I disconnect the EasyNet?

Regards,
Per.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Dezember 2019, 07:34:03 von Per Olsen »
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 05. Januar 2020, 18:45:57 »
Hello again.

Today we discovered something….: 
My son, Thomas, powered up the Tams Controller, to check on a loco with an MFX decoder.  The PC was not turned on, so the WinDigiPet did not run.  Only the Tams Controller was activ, and it was set on an MFX (M3) address.  Suddenly another loco, a DB MZ1459 with a Zimo decoder on DCC address 28, started to run at full speed.  This decoder has formerly been disabled for AC and DC analogue mode.

On the positive side:  This should exclude the PC and WDP from this problem.
On the negative side:  The problem is still not solved.

EasyNet is not connected to the Tams.  No Joy-stick is connected.  No app was in use.

I have a bad feeling now…:  Could it have something to do with M3-protocole ?  Maybe some decoders (in my case Zimo) have a problem with the M3 from Tams?  Could the Tams be faulty?

We really must have a solution to this problem.  If we must buy a new Controller, we will.  In that case, which Controller should we buy?  It must work correctly with both DCC, MM and MFX.

We are very desperate now…

Best regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 09. Januar 2020, 19:10:24 »

Anybody….?

:)
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #8 am: 09. Januar 2020, 23:00:32 »
Hello Per,

there's only one thing that comes into my mind that you could check: for some decoders it's not sufficient to disable the analogue mode in CV 29 and/or CV 49. Some have also settings in CV 56 or similar. Give it a try.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Januar 2020, 08:40:13 »
Hello, Stefan.

I have programmed all decoders to
CV29=0 or 1, meaning Bit2 and Bit3 is 0 (Analogue operation and Railcom is OFF). 
CV28=0 Railcom off
CV50=0 AC and DC analogue mode OFF (some decoders)

I checked again the last loco that ran off, all paramtres above are set correctly.  The decoder is Zimo.

I have a bad feeling that the problem has something to do with Zimo (or maybe also others) decoders in combination with the M3 (MFX) from the Tams Controller, as M3 always is active on the tracks when this happens.  I did upgrade the Tams Controller to the newest firmware.

I am lost now….  And I MUST get this fixed now.  Too much damage is done to locos and other things when this happens.

Should I change to another Controller, in that case, which is recommended?  One that I can be 100% sure will not cause similar problem, and works perfect with both DCC, MM and MFX?  Or what else may be my problem?  I am getting desperate to have this fixed.  As it is now, I have to watch the layout very carefully for runaway locos all the time.  And with 60+ trains in hidden yards (shadow-stations) at all times, it is a very big job..

If I have to replace the Controller (or any other components), I will.  In that case I need advice as to what equipment to buy.  Any help?

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Januar 2020, 08:58:20 »
Hi Per,

as I said, that's was my only idea. Sorry, but I can't help you there.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Januar 2020, 09:08:47 »
Hello Stefan.

OK, thank you anyway.

Let's hope somebody else have any ideas.  Or suggestions to what I should replace…

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #12 am: 31. Januar 2020, 08:19:30 »
Hello.

Just a short update:
I contacted Zimo support, and got some hints from Stephan Hubinger.  So I have changed all my Zimo decoders to use long addresses, to avoid some problems with reading (mis-reading?) MM1 addresses (I use only DCC where possible).  So far (a few days) it seems to work.  I will test this for a period of time, hope the problem is gone now :)

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #13 am: 31. Januar 2020, 11:13:34 »
Hello Per,

very interesting! Never heard of something like that before. Thanks for the information!
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #14 am: 31. Januar 2020, 14:57:43 »
Hello Stefan.

I also think it is strange, but I will try (anything!) to get this solved..  I am very tired of this problem.

Regards,
Per.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: