Autor Thema: Decoder-problem.  (Gelesen 3393 mal)

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Decoder-problem.
« am: 19. April 2020, 14:32:06 »
Hello.

This may be a bit off topic, but I try anyway:
We have a Marklin loco 37371 with which I removed the original decoder and put in an ESU LokPilot 5 decoder.  All is wired correctly.

Problem is, it runs very un-even, especially in direction Forward.  I tried all the listed CV-settings in the manual fr Marklin locos, but it does not get better.  I also tried the automatic settings, no luck.  Also a complete reset, no luck.

I am sure the problem is some CV value(s).  It did run OK with the old original decoder

Anybody?

Regards,
Per Olsen.

« Letzte Änderung: 20. April 2020, 06:36:54 von Per Olsen »
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 11 2,7GHz CPU, 16Gb RAM.

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Decoder-problem.
« Antwort #1 am: 02. Mai 2020, 07:28:52 »
Hello.

Just an update:
It appears that it did NOT run OK with the old decoder after all... 

I have now tried some different decoders, the result is the same (so it does not seem to be a decoder problem after all...) and I even replaced the motor with a new 5-pole motor (same as original).  I checked all transmission, and all runs freely.  I am scratching my head on this :)

The speed varies a lot (jerks).  Most in direction forward, but also some in direction backwards.

Regards,
Per

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Master Control.  Maerklin C-tracks. 6xBolls boosters.   2xLittfinski HSI-88 USB.  Bolls RMDs.   Viessmann and Bolls switch-decoders.
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 04. Mai 2020, 12:16:56 »
With these Marklin locos, I have seen many odd things..

Other things to check..

1. The slider - strange as it sounds a slider can cause direction specific problems.
2. Running gear.. With the rotor and magnet off the motor make sure that the running gear is free and not too loose.. You can get worn gears that will jump out of place - especially when changing direction of travel.
3. Dirty wheels..
4. Brush springs have enough tension..
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 06. Mai 2020, 08:31:13 »
Hello !

Thank you for your respons.

1:  I exchanged it for a new one, did not help.
2:  As mentioned, I did exchange the entire motor, and at the same time checked all running gear.  They all run very freely in both directions.  The loco looks as it has never been used, it is bought second-hand but looks completely new.  No wear and tear, and no dirt or dust anywhere, like it has never been used at all...
3:  No visual dirt or wear on the wheels.  But I did clean them anyway, to be 100% sure :)
4:  As the entire motor was exchanged with a complete new one..

To me it looks like the load-depending feature of the decoder(s) is in some way confused, so it gives more/less power to the engine, in the wrong places.  But I cannot see why…

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Ralf Krapp

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: 63179 Obertshausen (Landkreis Offenbach) - Rhein-Main-Gebiet Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen de
« Antwort #4 am: 06. Mai 2020, 10:51:59 »
Hello Per,
did you ever try to reset the Decoder? I had sometimes such a Problem, that the decoder did nit work properly.
So I reset it and in most cases the functions have been ok. Did you use the automatic information to set the motor specific values? First step: set CV 50 to zero, then quit the programming status and press f1. The loco will run a distance of nearly 1 1/2 meter and then stop. After this procedure the loco should run quite good.
I hope you will have a good success.
Grüße aus Obertshausen (Hessen)
Ralf Krapp
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.0b
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Spur HO; K-Gleis; Tams MC; 4 Kabasoft-Booster; Viessman-Weichen- und Rückmeldedekoder; Lokdekoder MM und andere
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 7 Home Premium; Intel Core i3-530 Prozessor 1333 MHz

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 06. Mai 2020, 10:58:36 »
Hello!

Thank you. 

Yes, I did run a reset on the decoders I did try.  Still the same. 
And, yes, I did try the Automatic setup like you describe, but it did not get better. 
I also tried all the setups for all kinds of Marklin motors, described in the manuals.  Some setups are worse, some a little better, but none are good enough..

I really do not understand this.  I never had this problem With any of my around 80 locos :)

Regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Ralf Krapp

• Senior-Mitglied
  • Ort: 63179 Obertshausen (Landkreis Offenbach) - Rhein-Main-Gebiet Ort bei GoogleMaps suchen de
« Antwort #6 am: 07. Mai 2020, 09:59:21 »
Hallo Per,
when I reset a Decoder, I recognized that I have to do it sometimes two or three times to get it resetted. Some Decoder seemed to be not willing to do a reset, so I tried it more than one time.
Grüße aus Obertshausen (Hessen)
Ralf Krapp
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.0b
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Spur HO; K-Gleis; Tams MC; 4 Kabasoft-Booster; Viessman-Weichen- und Rückmeldedekoder; Lokdekoder MM und andere
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 7 Home Premium; Intel Core i3-530 Prozessor 1333 MHz

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 07. Mai 2020, 11:33:19 »
Hello again.

Yes, I did reset all decoders more than once :)  I also checked that the parametres went back to default each time.

Regards,
Per
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #8 am: 08. Mai 2020, 09:42:11 »
Hello Per,

you say that your loco runs oddly no matter which decoder. How does it run in analogue mode ? Put it on other tracks and try it with a simple AC power supply.

To do this allow analogue mode in the decoder, place a test circle of tracks on the floor, use AC power only without any digital central station. Try this with different decoders or if you can without decoder but with a dummy.
« Letzte Änderung: 08. Mai 2020, 09:45:49 von Stefan Lersch »
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    N-Anlage im Bau, Minitrix &amp Co., Tams MC 2.2.3, DCC
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Quad Core 8 GB mit Win 10, 32"quot Bildschirm

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 08. Mai 2020, 10:20:24 »
Hello!

No, I did not try this.  I can do both, with AC mode allowed in the decoder, and also without a decoder at all.  I will try this on a simple AC-track with an old Marklin transformer :)

Right now I am not home, so I will not be able to try it untill the middle/end of next week.  I will try it then, and let you know.

Thanks!

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #10 am: 13. Mai 2020, 08:14:23 »
Hello Stefan!

I tried now.  I made a new oval of sperate C-tracks and connected it to a old Mærklin transformer.  So it runs strictly in analogue mode, with no digital signals.

The problem is the still the same.....

This is with the original decoder.  I could try other decoders, but that requires a bit of re-soldering.
Now, I do not think it is a decoder problem, after all. So what can it be....??

Regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Thomas Hirsch

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 13. Mai 2020, 08:32:09 »
Hello Per,

it sounds to me as an problem with the Ground Contact!

Try to solder a Cable direkt to the front Wheel-carrier as an additional Grond-contact!

Also you can mount a slider between the axles and the Wheel-carrier!

There might by contact Problem between Wheel-carrier and Loco Bottom and from Axle to Wheel carrier(old oel).

This way i optimized all V200 / 216 / or old E 44 etc.!

good luck

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Hirsch

System :Märklin Motorola + Mfx / Centrale Fahren: Tams Mastercontrol  über RS 232 / Booster 6017 /  /CC-Schnitte für MFX Programmierung und  Magnetartikel / HSI mit 28 S88/  Intel DUAL Core 2x2500 Mhz , 2048 MB Ram  XP-prof SP III / Gleis: Märklin M- , und K-Gleis / Decoder : 6090x und MFX ,Mld,Msd &  Lopi4 / Uhlenbrock freie Zone / WD Premium Ed 2018
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WD 2021.b
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Tams Mastercontrol  über RS 232 / Booster 6017 /  CC-Schnitte zur mfx prgrammierung und Magnetartikel / HSI mit 23 S88
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    PC - Intel DUAL Core 2x2500 Mhz / XP-prof.

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #12 am: 13. Mai 2020, 08:36:04 »
Hello!

Thank you.  I have been thinking the same, so I will try.  The lights on the loco do not flicker at all, but it may still be the same problem.  I will do some more tests, and let you know.

Thanks!

regards,
Per.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #13 am: 13. Mai 2020, 09:46:59 »
Hello again.

I did the work now.  I mounted a slider between the axles of the front-wheels.  And I soldered a seperate ground-wire to the slider and connected directly to the decoder.  So the ground-contact is now 100%.

Problem is still the same....

Any more suggestions…??  :)

Thanks, anyway.

Regards,
Per.

• Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:

Offline Per Olsen

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #14 am: 13. Mai 2020, 21:18:48 »
Hello again.

Last test:  I wired the motor directly to the wheels and pickup-shoe.  As the motor is a DC-motor, I used a Fleischmann DC power.  Guess what, the problem is still there!

What can it be?  It seems to be only the wheels of the gearbox left (I cannot change them).  I did change the motor.

I try to upload a short video, listen to the sound.

Regards,
Per.

Zu diesem Beitrag gehören 1 Anhäng(e). Um diese zu sehen oder zum Download müssen Sie sich einloggen.
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WinDigiPet 2021
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration: