Autor Thema: solenoid switching time?  (Gelesen 1655 mal)

Offline Juha Telimaa

• Junior-Mitglied
    • www.dlc.fi/~jte/english/TrainsFrameSet.html
solenoid switching time?
« am: 24. November 2006, 19:50:28 »
Hello all,

I'm trying to increase the solenoid switching time as not all my turnouts are switching reliably. In the manual it is written, that one can set switching time when recording solenoid devices. But the result is, that the switching is only delayed by the time set in "switching time" field and the actual switching time remains always the same.

Am I doing something wrong?
I'm using Tams WD-1 points decoders.

B.R.  Juha Telimaa  

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: solenoid switching time?
« Antwort #1 am: 30. November 2006, 12:16:25 »
Hello Juha Telimaa,

In Antwort auf:
 In the manual it is written, that one can set switching time when recording solenoid devices.

I can´t find any according section in the manual, can you please give me the page number?

In Antwort auf:
 But the result is, that the switching is only delayed by the time set in "switching time" field and the actual switching time remains always the same.

In Motorola Format, the switching command consists of two commands: one command for switch the red/green connector on and one command for switching the red/green connector off. The switching time defines the time between "on"- and "off"-command send by the PC (PC turns ouput on, waits switching time, turns output off and continue in the same way with the next turnout, this explains the delay). As far as I know the Tams WD-1 point decoders, they have a timing element inside, so the decoder limits the "switched-on-time" itself. Because of this the decoder output is maybe already switched off before the PC sends the "off"-command. I have this decoders myself and I´ll try to measure the maximum "on-time" within the next days.

Best wishes
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Juha Telimaa

• Junior-Mitglied
    • www.dlc.fi/~jte/english/TrainsFrameSet.html
« Antwort #2 am: 01. Dezember 2006, 11:35:08 »
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your answer. The switching time is on page 151 of EnglishHandbuch90.pdf.
After waiting some days answer to this, I asked this same question also on the German Forum, and got the  answer  quickly.  It was my own mistake, I tested the switching time only in Track Editor. In Track Editor the switching time setting has a different effect: it only delays the switching by the switching time.  But in normal operation mode the switching time is the actual time set in the "Recording solenoid devices" window.
My initial guess was also, that the decoder waits for both on- and of-command and then switches with constant time, but luckily this is not the case.

Everything works now well, but I still wonder, why the switching is different in Track Editor and in normal mode.

Best Regards,
Juha

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 01. Dezember 2006, 12:05:37 »
Hi Juha,

In Antwort auf:

Everything works now well, but I still wonder, why the switching is different in Track Editor and in normal mode.

I´ll take a look at this.

Best wishes
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7