Autor Thema: WDP disc not recognized after upgrade to WDP Pro X.3b in Windows 7  (Gelesen 2968 mal)

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
  • Der Deutsch versteht, aber spricht besser Englisch
Hello,

My old Windows XP machine finally died, so I installed my copy of WDP Pro X.3 English on a different PC running Windows 7.  The Windows 7 PC could not read the WDP disc at first, it would report bit errors, until I installed a driver I found posted in the German WDP forum by Karl-Heinz Battermann.  With this new driver I was able to read the disc and successfully install WDP.  Since Herr Battermann wrote the driver was for Pro X.3b, I also upgraded my WDP to version X.3b.  But whenever I try to launch WDP now, I get an error message that the disc could not be verified, and I should insert the original WDP disc and try again (although it is already in the DVD tray).

What can I do?

Thanks
Tom
WDP 2015 Premium - 2.8GHz Celeron- 1GB - WinXP SP3 - Fleischmann TwinCenter zum Schalten und Ruckmeldung uber LocoNet mit Uhlenbrock - Tams MasterControl zum Zugfahren - 2-Leiter Anlage aus Fleischmann Profi-Gleis

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
Re: WDP disc not recognized after upgrade to WDP Pro X.3b in Windows 7
« Antwort #1 am: 23. August 2015, 18:49:09 »
Hi Tom,

try this:
Click with the right mouse button on the Win-Digipet symbol and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. Does this help?

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 23. August 2015, 20:19:32 »
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately your suggestion did not work any better.  I still get the WDP pop-up telling me the disc could not be verified, although I can open the disc in Windows Explorer and see all the files and folders in it.

Any other ideas?

Tom
WDP 2015 Premium - 2.8GHz Celeron- 1GB - WinXP SP3 - Fleischmann TwinCenter zum Schalten und Ruckmeldung uber LocoNet mit Uhlenbrock - Tams MasterControl zum Zugfahren - 2-Leiter Anlage aus Fleischmann Profi-Gleis

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 23. August 2015, 21:10:52 »
Hi Tom,

I am not sure which driver you have installed. Was this a driver from Protect Disc:
https://www.protectdisc.com/download/Driver_Setup.exe

Maybe you try this one above.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    3-Leiter Anlage, Rollendes Material Märklin/Roco/Brawa/Mehano, Fahren: DCC, m3 via Tams MC, Schalten/Melden: Selectrix, BiDiB, Motorola (nur wenige Sonderaufgaben)
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 23. August 2015, 21:33:01 »
Hi Markus,

Yes I think it is the same one.  The file was dated 29/04/2013.  But I tried installing yours anyway and it made no difference - I still get the verification failure message.  :(

Tom

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 24. August 2015, 13:22:38 »
Markus,

It still is not working, but I think I found something.  I noticed under Uninstall Programs that there are two installed ProtectDisk programs: version 11 from the link you provided, and a version 10 helper program.  I tried uninstalling the version 10 in case WDP was finding and using it instead of version 11.  After rebooting, I tried to run WDP as administrator, and got the message "Installing required drivers" followed by the usual verification failure.  But when I checked Uninstall Programs, there was version 10 again!  I think my copy of WDP is always using version 10 instead of version 11, even re-installing it if it can't find it.  How can I get WDP to use the correct version of ProtectDisk?

Tom

Offline Adrian L

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 24. August 2015, 21:48:05 »
If you have the professional version of Windows 7 (and in may be in other versions), there are options to run programs in prior versions of Windows.  To access this you right click on the program, then select properties and then click on the Compatibility tab.

You should then see a check box that says, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" with a drop down box for versions of Windows from Windows 95 to Windows 7.  After you set the correct version, you should still use the run as administrator option to start the program. For more information, have a look at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10436/using-program-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7/

« Letzte Änderung: 24. August 2015, 22:10:47 von Adrian L »
Adrian
WDP 2018.2d on Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) running Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) with ESU ECoS 50200 version 4.2.7, ESU Mobile Control II and LDT HSI-88 USB running Marklin M-track based layout - and loving it!
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    2018.2d
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
    Marklin H0
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i5 (8Gb RAM) SSD

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #7 am: 25. August 2015, 16:01:37 »
Hello Adrian,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition and which it turns out does support the option you describe.  I changed the compatibility of WDP to run under Windows XP SP 3 - the same OS it was running under on my old system - and even ticked the checkbox to automatically run the program as administrator.

Unfortunately all to no avail, I still get the disc verification error!  :(

I am still hoping that Markus or somebody else at WDP can tell me why WDP Pro X.3b does not run on my Windows 7 system when, according to some other user posts, it runs fine on their systems.  And of course how to fix it on my system!

Regards
Tom

Offline Markus Herzog

• Administrator
  • Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 25. August 2015, 18:05:25 »
Hello Tom,

did you read my personal message? The problem is, that WDP ProX never was created for Windows 7. With some luck it worked for some users, but also for many users not. We can´t explain how to fix this issue. Escpecially for the tools of other companies we used which have no running guarantee for Windows 7.

Regards
Markus
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration:
  • Rechnerkonfiguration:
    Intel i7

Offline Tom Lang

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 25. August 2015, 18:57:22 »
Hello Markus,

Thanks for pointing out your PM, I hadn't noticed it before, but now I have sent you a reply.

Regards
Tom

Offline Stefan Lersch

• Senior-Mitglied
    • Infos zum Down-Syndrom alias Trisomie 21
« Antwort #10 am: 25. August 2015, 19:14:06 »
Hi Tom,

than have a look at my PM, too, please.
Viele Grüße,
Stefan
  • Win-Digipet-Version:
    WDP 2021.x Beta
  • Anlagenkonfiguration: