Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

WDP X3 Routes

(1/1)

elvcic:
Hallo to all,
I'm new registered member, my name is Elvino and I’m Italian.

I’m actually looking in to the WDP X3 demo version before buy it to better understand all the functionality and the use I need.
Reading the manual and testing some route on my layout, I understood that they can be switched manually using different way : for example pointing the mouse with the right click on the start  point and on the end point of each routes or selecting the related routes from pop up windows come out after clicking two time on the start point of routes.
I also read that each route can be switched using an external button connected to the associated Feed Back Contacts module.
Due to this I’m also thinking to also use an external panel to switch my route and for this I would like to ask you if there is any way to use buttons with Feed back contact associated to the related Start point and End point of routes instead to use  one button for each route. This will sure reduce the number of buttons and Feed Back to be used on my “hardware  layout “.

example :   

Station with 5 rail ( 1 to 5 ) going in to  2 rail on the left ( A and B )  and 2 rail on the right ( C and D ) : Possible routes = 20 = >  20 buttons.   Each routes will be switched select the associated button, thi I know is possible.

I would like to have :

Station with 5 rail ( 1 to 5 ) going in to  2 rail on the left ( A and B )  and 2 rail on the right ( C and D ) : Possible routes = 20  => 9 buttons.     The route will be selected using start and end point of route

Ex.    Train coming from   C to rail 4   I will click Button connected to  FB C ( start ) and button connected to FB  rail 4 ( end )
         Train going to         D from rail 4  I will click  button connected to FB  rail 4 ( start ) and button connected  to FB  D ( end )

Is it possible ?  I do nto arrived to fins nothing inside manual.

Thanks in advance for any answer to my question.

Best Regards

Elvino

Markus Herzog:
Hello Elvino,

this should be possible the following way:
1. Assign a single feedback contact number to a route (as used with single external buttons)
2. Assign this feedback contact number to a virtual switch (with this switch you can switch this feedback contact on and off).
3. Now open the dispatcher and create a new dataset with the condition: "When Contact A occupied and Contact B occupied then switch the switch from 2 on and in the other cases off"

Feel free to ask more question
Regards
Markus

elvcic:
Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for you answer. Your advice sound goods and sure give me possibility to do what I need.
During this week I will do some test following your suggestion and I will sure keep you update on my result.
Just another quick question, please : for Virtual Switch you mean the Virtual Keyboard, I’m right ? so the maximum allowed routes to be placed on  V.K. are 32 ?
Should not be my case, but there is maybe any possibility to place more than 32 routes inside V.K. ?

Again thank you very much.
Best Regards

Elvino

Markus Herzog:
Hello Elvino,

--- Zitat von: elvcic am 10. Oktober 2008, 11:59:06 ---Just another quick question, please : for Virtual Switch you mean the Virtual Keyboard, I’m right ? so the maximum allowed routes to be placed on  V.K. are 32 ?

--- Ende Zitat ---
Please take a look at chapter 7.2 (top of page 174) of the english ProX.3 manual. There you can assign an feedback conctact to any switch within the track diagram (and for this I suggest virtual switches/solenoid devices, see als 7.2 page 174 the Tip at the bottom of the page, because they don´t exist as decoders in reality) and switch the feedback contact virtually on or off. And this virtual on/off switching can be done by the dispatcher with "When Contact A occupied and Contact B occupied then switch the switch from 2 on and in the other cases off".

Best Regards
Markus

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln