Win-Digipet - english forums > Win-Digipet Forum English

Problems after powercut

(1/2) > >>

soren.hojberg@outlook.dk:
After a power cut, I started WDP and got information about a new version (2021.2d)

I downloaded it and when I started WDB I get the errors on the images saying that there is no write permission to the folder.

I then tried installing WDP from the USB on another PC, but this had the same result.

After a long time it says: "Lauffehler6: überlauf"

But there is a lot of free space.

Rupert van Swol:
Hi Soren, the error message uberprufen sie, ob sie auf den ordner zugreifen konnen "is not about there being too little space on the HD disk .

the translation say ""check whether you can access the folder "

I vaguely suspect that the installation is not running to the correct folder.
It should go to the folder on the C drive / Wdigipet/

kind Regards
Rupert

Hi Rupert

It installs in the folder WDIGIPET.

When I try to startup the Startcenter it looks lige it's gonna run installation again. and then write the error that it cannot write to C:\WDIGIPET\WDIGIPET.EXE

And the funny is it's both on the "old" machine, and also on a new where I try to install it from My WDB-usb.

Stefan Lersch:
Hi Soren,

it looks like the typical Windows problem. Please try this: make a right click on the setup.exe and select "install as administrator". This is important because being an admin is not sufficient. This is a Windows issue since Windows 7 and not a WDP problem.

Hi Stefan

Thank you for your input.

I install the program as administrator as you discribe, it installs fine.

Then when I startup the WDP-Startcenter  got the error, and even if i try to startup as administrator.

I have been working with it for more than 40 years, and both me and some of my colleges can't find the reason why.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln