Autor Thema: Overflow  (Gelesen 3421 mal)

Offline Villoria

• Junior-Mitglied
Overflow
« am: 17. Februar 2004, 23:06:58 »
I am using Win-Digipet since two years ago to manage a medium size layout. Sometimes, without apparent cause, an erro message with the legend "overflow" ("überlauf") appears and the compuer gets completely hang (even Ctrl+Alt*Del does not unblock it). Should I check whether I have any configuration problem. My equipment is Märklin C-track,IB1.5,Pentium2/300MHz Win98,WDP7.5  

Offline Dietloff

• Senior-Mitglied
Re: Overflow
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Februar 2004, 08:22:53 »
Villoria,

this error message sounds strange. Can you describe in more detail when this happens?
E.g. right after start, after a while of using this or that or after you have opened one of the editor?

Regards

Rüdiger

Offline Villoria

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Februar 2004, 20:53:58 »
Many thanks for your reply. I have not been able to find any pattern. It happens shortly after starting a session or after more than two hours in automatic mode. I had this problem some months ago and I decided to format all the hard drive and to re-install the program. Then it seemed to be solved until recently, when it started again. I wonder if there is any problem in the configuration of my computer (for ecample, every time a route is switched an entry is done into the windows registry and when the space is exhausted, the error occurs; of course this is only my speculation).

Regards,

Jesus Villoria  

Offline Dietloff

• Senior-Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Februar 2004, 13:10:23 »
Hi Jesus,

assuming WDP is installed and configured properly (incl. your Operation System) the problem could also occur due to a bug in your IB or your COM-port.
Otherwise - in case it is WDP - you would soon recognise a pattern or something else to reproduce it more often.

Just for test purposes: in your WDP-system-settings please change from the IB to Märklin-Interface (P50-protocol).
The Baud rate will change to 2.400 Baud automatically.
After that please "Save" and try it this way.
If the bug does not appear anmore I am really sure that it is not WDP.

Please keep me informed of what´s happening although it´s hard to analyse this kind of temporarily problem from the distance. If you could provide me with some more details I would appreciate that.

Regards

Rüdiger

Offline Villoria

• Junior-Mitglied
« Antwort #4 am: 24. März 2004, 20:57:18 »
Hello,

I am sorry for contacting you so late. I have been heavily travelling for my work and other facts have kept me away from WDP.

I have tried to change the system to Märklin interface, but the computer then was unable to communicate with the IB, so I returned to the IB setting. However, I realised that the baud rate was set to 2400 and that an option 'default' was available in the configuration dialog. I changed it to 'default' value and since then the problem has not occurred anymore. In turn, I have more spontaneous resets of the IB than before.

Given these facts, I think that the problem is related to a hardware issue.

I will keep you informed if the message appears again.

Regards and many thanks